Author Topic: icky Staph....  (Read 2022 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
icky Staph....
« on: September 11, 2006, 06:50:10 am »
HI guys! i know we've been MIA lately.. but since getting back from VEGAS everything has just been catching up to us... ie. jet lag, and work stuff..

but... when we got back poor fumble looked like he had some major hot spots going on.. well i took him to the vet (one that i still don't like) and he said that it looks like staph infection.. last year about this time, when fumbs was very little he also had a staph so the vet thinks maybe it's a seasonal allergy thing.. so now he's going to be on antibiotics for approx. 3 weeks if not longER! poor guy! you can tell he's uncomfortable too! my poor baby!!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline LMT

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: icky Staph....
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 08:30:26 am »
Awe, sorry to hear that about Fumble!
lmt.

Offline 4DoggieMom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 10:49:53 am »
Poor Fumble!  :( Finnegan had a really bad staph infection in the spring after being groomed. I felt so bad for him.  Hope you get all cleared up soon Fumble!
Proud Dog Mom to:
"Finnegan" Wewinagin CGC RN - Newfie
h*ll on Wheels "Hexi" - Lab/Dal
P&R's Finest "Cadbury" Chocolate - Rat Terror

cricket36580

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 01:40:16 pm »
Have you put tea tree oil on it?  Or gradefruit seed extract?  Both are anti-microbial and work wonders on spots like that.  Aloe too...It's very soothing.