Author Topic: Chester is a TRUE Newf!  (Read 7316 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Chester is a TRUE Newf!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 04:53:33 pm »
You guys...you nailed it!! Cowboy, as sweet and gentle as he is, is the alpha.  I could just hear Cowboy telling Chester, "Okay, little guy, go save her.  I'll watch from here to make sure that you guys are safe, and, if I nod off, wake me when it's time to eat!"

Honestly, I think Cowboy's first seizure was in the water and he almost drown, so he loves the water as long as all four feet are firmly on the ground.  He did get his share of the treats, so in the end, he thought he helped!! ::)

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 05:07:43 pm »
Heehee!  WTG Chester!  You saved your mommy!!!  YAAAAAAAAAY

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 06:55:10 pm »
I think Cowboy pushed Chester and made him go save his mommy.  Why work when you can make the someone else do it for you!  Yea, Cowboy for forcing Chester to live up to his full potential!
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 07:32:00 pm »
I think Cowboy pushed Chester and made him go save his mommy.  Why work when you can make the someone else do it for you!  Yea, Cowboy for forcing Chester to live up to his full potential!

You are BRILLIANT!!  I never thought of the psychological aspect of their relationship!  Of course!  Cowboy is helping Chester become a MAN!!!

YIPPPEEEE! ;D ;D ;D ;D

doggylover

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 09:00:31 pm »
I have always loved your boys, but now I am officially going to stalk them!  Chester SAVED you.  I know we are all making fun about it, but something like 18 people have died this season in the water from drowning, just in my local area.  This is such a huge big deal.  Chester may be a Newf at heart, but he may have also been a lil scared.  He jumped in to save his Momma in spite of any fears!  He is a HERO whether you truly needed saving or not. 
((((((((((((Chester Molester))))))))))))))))))

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 11:14:13 pm »
That's fantastic!!!  Way to go Chester!!!!  Great coaching Cowboy!!!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline swells

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2006, 08:00:33 am »
Great job Chester!!! Cowboy probably just didn't want to get his handsome head all wet.  :D

Stacie

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2006, 08:02:13 am »
I don't think any of mine would bother to try saving me if i was in the water ::), they would sit and watch!!

Well done Chester ;D
Shelley
Mum to Molly, Honey and Kitten
RIP my darling Bronte

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2006, 09:54:49 am »
I think it's cool that Newfs have such instincts. When Rosie was swimming in my parents' pool by herself (which we discovered was not a good idea when we started to see large piles of fur descend to the bottom of the pool), she would actually swim laps and push off from the edge of the pool. It was cute! And when my sisters would go in, she would immediately leave the pool and walk around it like a lifeguard.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 07:09:01 pm »
Thats awesome that Chester came in after you.
Kali goes absolutly crazy "the life guard" when I am in the water. She'll only go in up to her chest though with the exception of two times before I bought her Float Koat (sp). Both times she was doing her laps when all of a sudden she dove head first into the deep end, she hended up being the one who  needed to be rescued. We'll have to see how next summer goes. Tim