Author Topic: Greenies are recalled!  (Read 3473 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Greenies are recalled!
« on: September 18, 2006, 02:52:12 pm »
From Michael's Blog:

I just received an email from a wholesaler this morning and this is the report:

There has been a recall of the Greenies Dental products. These items are no longer available for ordering through our wholesale site. At this time we don’t have any information as to when they will be available again, but we will let you know. This only affects the hard chewable Greenies and the Greenies Bits which are listed below, not the pill pockets or the treats.

GE-00319 4/ct Jumbo Size Greenies
GE-00317 8/ct Large Size Greenies
GE-00314 14/ct Regular Size Greenies
GE-00311 24/ct Petite Size Greenies
GE-01567 48/ct Teenie Size Greenies
GE-08351 10oz Greenies Lil’ Bits for Pocket Pets
GE-07311 16oz Greenies Lil’ Bits for Dogs

Does this mean a full recall?

Update: In my attempt to find out actual information I made two calls, one to Greenies® and one to Neeps Wholesale. The CSR person at Greenies®, sounding a bit flustered had said “no, they are not being recalled” and transferred me to a voicemail. I then spoke to Dawn of Neeps Wholesale, and although she wasn’t entirely sure of what exactly happened, she does know that Linda, I assume her associate, got an email Friday to pull all those listed above as they were being recalled. Dawn said they were likely to be recalled by the manufacturer, possibly the Heinz corporation as it owns Greenies®. She will hopefully call me back once she speaks to her associate.
So, bottom line, still unsure.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Greenies are recalled!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 04:51:01 pm »
Hmm...I may have to make a trip to PetSmart tomorrow to see if the Greenies are still on display!!
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 05:44:59 pm »
If they are recalled, vets all over the country will be celebrating!!  Boy, I hope they are!!

Offline MSF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 06:14:55 pm »
Can someone tell me why they feel greenies are 'killing machines' and why the concern?
I think I;ve bough maybe 2 or 3 in 5 years, just seemed like weird little things so I chose not to buy them.
Would love to know why some of you dislike them.

Offline krismark

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • My babies!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 07:25:02 pm »
Supposedly they might not digest fully and cause bowel obstructions.