Author Topic: We're headed to Chicagoland!  (Read 7505 times)

Offline LMT

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
We're headed to Chicagoland!
« on: September 13, 2006, 03:45:32 pm »
I'm new to the midwest, and particularly to Milwaukee, where Adi and I call home. A friend of mine just moved up to Chicago from Miami and I'm planning on coming down to visit her and go to the Renegade Craft Fair this weekend in Wicker Park.

I decided that I will be bringing Adi with me because that way I am not in such a rush to get back to Milwaukee... That is if the weather is cooperative! I saw Wicker Park is dog friendly, so that's what gave me the idea. They even have a dog park. 

SO - Here's where you MidWesties come in... I'm planning an entire day in the city with my pup. Any suggestions as to dog-friendly restaurants? I know there's a few on the board from Chicagoland...

Thanks!
lmt.

Nicole

Re: We're headed to Chicagoland!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 01:02:13 am »
Twisted Spoke is awesome and my friend's girlfriend owns it! hahha! Definitely go there if you can! AND HAVE A BLOODY! THEY ARE THE BEST! WORLD-FAMOUS!

And, if you have a mini-meet, Cabeza and I will head over and meet up with you too! Mark and I were discussing heading to Chicago to see Julie and Aaron this weekend anyway.

kristi

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 02:09:31 am »
Sounds cool - Sampson, Gaby & I are around this weekend & have no set plans as of yet!  We have been to Twisted Spoke several times - it is great!
I would love an excuse to get Sam out of the house & go downtown.  The weather is supposed to be much better this weekend also.
Let us know!
-k.

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 03:14:39 am »
Most of the bars that have a beer garden allow dogs in the outside area. 

There is a bar at the corner of Halsted and Armitage which allows dogs inside.  I am not sure if they serve food.  The name is just escaping me, though.

Navy Pier allows dogs on the boardwalk area just not inside.  Charlie's Ale House has excellent food (mmmm, mac and cheese) but I am not sure if dogs are allowed in the beer garden.  You may want to give them a call. 

I can agree with everyone that Twisted Spoke does have excellent bloody marys.  Rather like a meal in a glass.

Enjoy your weekend in Chicago.

Offline LMT

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 05:35:16 am »
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I am still trying to figure out if we're going to head down on Saturday or Sunday. Once I figure that out, we can arrange a mini-meet, maybe somewhere where the pups can get to know one another and then on to some grub! Twisted Spoke sounds good from all of your ravings!

BTW - I saw the SUN today! This good weather better last! I know my boy was pretty pent up the last few days with all the rain we've been having.
lmt.

Offline LMT

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: We're headed to Chicagoland! *UPDATE - SATURDAY*
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 01:36:08 pm »
I didn't realize that I work this Sunday! So Saturday will be the day we're headed down to Chicago.

I'm thinking that those interested might want to meet up in the afternoon? I am going to head down probably by 10a, so Ill get there around noon.. Maybe 3ish? I'll already be at Wicker Park for the fair, so maybe we can all meet at the Wicker Park dog park? Let me know what you think!
lmt.

kristi

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 02:34:54 pm »
you can count us in ;)
we may come to the fair too - what are they featuring there?
-k.

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 03:14:12 am »
Here's the info on the fair

http://www.renegadecraft.com/chicago/index.php

I have a family party so I cannot make it to meet up with you.  But, Kristi, Seth will be down there with his mom and his sister.  So, if you see them, say Hi!

Offline LMT

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 02:01:23 pm »
Well, 3pm at the Wicker Park dog park! Then well head over to Twisted Spoke... somehow! I'll be with Adi. Anyone and everyone is welcome. I know Kristi is coming. Julie? Nicole? Let us know!

Here's how to reach me - celly 954.684.8639 (So. Florida area code still).

Hope to meet some of you.

Lori.
lmt.