Author Topic: Angus and his e-collar...  (Read 6667 times)

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Angus and his e-collar...
« on: September 19, 2006, 01:25:11 am »
and a few pics of him in the window (before yesterday). Angus was not impressed with the e-collar so I took it off him, but not before I captured a few pictures. He had it on for 15 minutes and for 10 of those he was stuck in the hallway. Here he is:

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Angus and his e-collar...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 01:38:39 am »
Poor Angus! he looks so cute with it on though.

Just make sure you leave it on him when you aren't there as my mom has seen dogs that have eaten around their stitches which is gross and very hard to fix.  Also licking can lead to infection.  I've had this drilled into my head after all of the stories.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 02:11:22 am »
Bet Angus is happy to have the collar off! He is so cute looking out the window -- love the yellow paint -- reminds me of st johns :)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 02:15:27 am »
awwwww poor sweet boy! But you sure do look adorable in your e-collar! I am so glad your surgery went well yesterday! My boy Blu says not to worry... you won't miss your "jewels." In fact, he says it is a LOT easier to sit now! LOL

p.s. LOVE the close-up window pic!

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 02:15:31 am »
Bet Angus is happy to have the collar off! He is so cute looking out the window -- love the yellow paint -- reminds me of st johns :)
We just painted it yellow, not finished yet. We are on a mission to brighten up the neighbourhood, and as you know all colours are are go here in St. John's!!!! We were considering orange for awhile.

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 05:11:52 am »
Someone had posted a link showing an alternative to the e-collar.  I hope they'll post again.  I forgot to save it and I can't seem to find it in a search.  E-collars are bad enough on little dogs.  On big dogs it is virtually impossible for them to maneuver through the house!  When you get a rambunctious big dog, it is deadly! LOL!
Daphne

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 08:11:42 am »
Poor Angus!!! What out for your legs while he is wearing that collar!
Shelley
Mum to Molly, Honey and Kitten
RIP my darling Bronte

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 10:32:14 am »
Come Halloween, that e-collar could be Angus' costume. He could be a satellite dish. Hehe.
Rosie - Newfoundland

mjjensen

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 11:13:47 am »
 Boy, Angus can even make an e-collar look dignified. Great pictures! Hope he's feeling better today.

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 11:32:51 am »
Angus had a very good day. Just lazin' around he house, no whinning or howling to go out. He's not licking so the collar has been off all day. The vet gave me some Rimadyl to give him every 12 hours but that isn't working out. They said, "They are like treats, he should have no problem taking them". This morning I spent 15 minutes trying to give him one. First straight up, he turned his nose, then plastered in peanut butter, he licked the peanut butter off, then wrapped in cheese, he spit it all out. Finally I crushed it, mixed it up in his food with 2 tbsp's of peanut butter mixed in and.... he wouldn't eat that either. Supper time he had one in his mouth wrapped in cheese from our macaroni and cheese caserole and he managed to eat the cheese and then spit out the pill. Oh well, I guess he doesn't need it.

AC

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 11:36:42 am »
Jake hates Rimadyl as well - but the other dogs take it with no prob. Hopefully Angus will be himself in a day or so. Its funny how quickly dogs recover.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 12:30:14 pm »
How's Angus doing now?  He is SOO adorable!  I love the pic of him looking out of the window, as well!

Regarding the alternative to an e-collar, I think it's a cervical collar....just a very stiff piece of plastic that velcros around the neck so they can't bend it to get to, a-hem.....stitches!!  They are at most pet supply websites....

(modified because this is a day the spelling genie has left me on my own ::) ::) ::))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 12:32:26 pm by newflvr »

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 04:31:16 pm »
Angus looks so sad in his collar. I'm so glad that you let him "out" of it cuz the last pic says it all...."Horray! I'm free!"  :D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 05:45:36 pm »
Just pill him. The beauty of big dogs is how easy you can open their mouths and sick the pill down their throat. As for the Rymadyl Kali loves the stuff, my little stoner. Tim

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 07:55:08 am »
Angus looks so adorable both in and out of his e-collar.  Glad to hear his surgery went well.  Nola is going in for his snip next Friday so I am hoping I get at least one photo of him in e-collar.