Author Topic: Dog friendly places  (Read 13848 times)

Offline amajac

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Dog friendly places
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2005, 09:15:09 pm »
We recently took our new boy, Saint Austin (The Adorable) with us on vacation.  We went to Williamsburg VA.  We took Austin with us to Busch Garden's.  They have a very nice, very clean kennel, right by the main entrance where we left him ($4 for the day) and we able to come back out of the park and walk him every couple of hours all day.  You get a pass at the main gate that allows you to park up front right next to the Kennel and entrance. 

The following day we took him to Colonial Williamsburg, where dogs are welcome everywhere except inside the actual historic buildings.  He went through the visitor center, into the shops, walked throughout the villiage, got pets from at least 150 people, had his picture taken with about a dozen kids, got dog biscuits in several shops, many of which had water bowls set up out front.  He was there for about four hours, walked about three miles, we then took him back to the hotel where he crashed for the afternoon while we went back to do the historic building tours. 

We had only had him two weeks when we took this trip, and I just couldn't bear to leave him in a kennel for four days.  We were extremely pleased with how welcome he was and how well he travelled.  Now we just need to buy a bigger car, I have a little Nissan Pickup, my husband, myself and a 40 lb puppy in the cab is one thing, both of us and a 100+ lbs Saint is just not going to work and I would hate to have to leave my husband at home.......... ..

Cheryl and her furkids, Smokey the Cat, Mr. Spock, Warlock, Mouse and Saint Austin the Adorable.
Cheryl Hain
Amajac

Offline mixedupdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2005, 09:33:55 pm »
http://www.ilovethisplace.com/dogfun/

This site is pretty useful for finding off leash parks in your area.

Offline BOBI

• Gnawer
  • I'M NOT YOUNG ENOUGH TO KNOW EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2005, 07:30:21 am »
welcome to williamsburg!!!aint it beautiful? that's where we lived for years and i had a shop there. i used to load my doberman puppies up and take them in a shopping cart and go down cw, having lots of firends there, they would come out and oggle and give them biscuits.
didnt know there was a kennel at busche gardens though. we are goin home in 22 days on the way to myrtle beach, and are taking a bunch of yankees to see williamsbug.
LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT, SHOUTING....    "HOLY CRAP, WHAT A RIDE..."

Jen

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2005, 09:24:17 am »
That is so awesome about Busch Gardens. 

Jen