Author Topic: Marit..anal glands  (Read 34916 times)

GR8DAME

Re: Marit..anal glands
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2005, 01:34:42 pm »
For the same reason that uncircumsized human males have to keep that area clean. Horses can get infections and it can cause all kinds of problems. Unlike dogs, they can't lick themselves and take care of the issue. OK, is everyone grossed out now? Luckily I was a nurse for 14 years and nothing grosses me out any more ;).
Stella

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2005, 03:21:05 pm »
Ok Thanks. I grew up on a farm and we had MANY hoses and I have never heard of this.I thought that that was likely the reason. Ill have to ask my Mom if they ever did this.
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2005, 06:54:12 pm »
This post keeps getting better and better!  First we got the play by play on how to squirt anal glands at our faces and now we get to talk about horse forskin!  That's why i love you guys so much!  If I ever need the dirty details I just come here! 

GR8DAME

« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2005, 08:50:47 pm »
LMAO LMAO LMAO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Coonie, I cannot IMAGINE having that conversation with my Mother!
Stella

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2005, 09:45:40 pm »
OK I asked.  :-[ She has never heard of such a thing. Her words. She said "Ask your Dad." UHHHH NO!! Im not going to ask him. So, Ill have to take your word for it I guess. I just cant imagine such a job having to be done. ???
Coonie

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2005, 11:40:44 pm »
Ahhhhhhh, Now I feel so much better hehe, I know exactly what it is and how to clean it lol...... And the swedish word is very similar to the english "forskin" mind you it is really two dots over the O too but on my english putter I dont have the dots.

So of couse this made me think of a story. It is on off topic so Ill tell it.

A farmer owned a horse and a chicken. One day the horse went out on a field and got stuck in a big mud puddle. He called the chicken and asked, please can you help me out off here. The chicken looked at him and said. Hmmm no I am not strong enought to get you out of there. But then he thought of the new Harley the farmer had, and said well wait, Ill go get the harley and pull you up. And so he did, the horse got up and they were great friends. A couple days later the chicken got stuck in the same mud puddle, he called the horse and said please go get the harley and pull me up, I am stuck. The horse looked at him and said, nooooo I dont need the harley to get you out off there. The horse straddled the puddle and "lowered" his "privat part" till it reached the ground and the chicked grabbed hold of it and the horse walked onto dry field. The chicken said ohhhh thank you you are so strong you didnt even need the harley.

The moral to the story....... You dont need a harley to pick up chicks, you just have to be hung like a horse  ::)

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2005, 01:11:13 am »
I am SO on my way to bed but Marit, LMFAO!!!!!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2005, 11:36:32 am »
OMG LMAO
You guys are tooooo funny. You made my day.
Thanks  ;D

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2005, 01:13:29 pm »
Ok Marit, I just got in trouble for reading that story outloud within earshot of the kiddies!  That was hilarious LMAO!!!  I never can remember jokes but I'm gonna make an effort for that one!

Offline BagelDog

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Paw-sh Pets Bakery & Boutique
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2005, 06:44:30 pm »
I have to agree - the vet... it's just too yucky =]

However, Andi needed this done and the vet told me to giver her pumpkin... you know - like canned pumpkin - the stuff you use to make a pie.  That it helps harden things up and it will help the glands to extract themselves as they go to the potty.  She said I can do the same thing with my cat.  The dog can get 2T per day and she is 30 pounds, I assume a cat would only need 1/3 - 1/2 of that =]  Might give this a try - it is cheaper than a trip to the vet =]
Debbi
Paw-sh Pets Bakery & Boutique
http://pawshpets.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2005, 09:38:34 pm »
BagelDog, you are joining the group of weak bellied people on here lol..... If you are lucky pumpkin can help, but in my experience only more or less as a preventative, if it is given the whole time, or on a regular basis so it never gets to be a build up. After there is a severe build up of gland fluids well I guess it is worth a try, because as you said it is a whole lot cheaper than a trip to the vet. Have you tried your groomer though, they I am sure are cheaper than the vet too. Mind you hehehe groomers tend not to do glands if they dont do the whole dog.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog