Author Topic: Animal Control in our area is terrible  (Read 3785 times)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Animal Control in our area is terrible
« on: September 20, 2006, 10:01:48 am »
them animal control officers are b******s... This is the 2nd time i had to confront them about one of my dogs... first time was zeussy, and how he was skinny. Someone complained that he wasnt being taken care of, not being fed or whatver. HA stupid SPCA comes in see's two full bowls of food, like 3 empty bags and a full bag of food, and says shes going to check up. SHE DIDNT. stupid spca.
today- OF COURSE i know its an automatic fine, getting caught leaving your dog tied unattended... which i did, for like 5 seconds... outside of the post office. i come out, to see Garett (animal conrol officer) writing up some crap ticket. i come out and he asks me about zero. what his age is, tag number, breed... BREED! HES A D**N BULL TERRIER. so, i get a "slap on the wrist" for having zero tied (no fine woo hoo)... and he tells me that considering his breed he SHOULD give me a fine but hasnt had a complaint so... i said "because of his breed...?" He says "bull terriers are banned' to which i reply "No, they're not" He says "DONT ARGUE WITH ME" i said "According to Bull terrier club of canada, they are not banned" he said in a rude voice "they dont cover our area" wtf ??? im so not impressd. so, we're going to figure this out somehow. zeros great, everyone in town loves him :) and now we will have to carry our papers everywhere stating Bullies ARE NOT BANNED... b******d... anyways, im done ranting...
here is the site stating the bullies are not banned
http://www.thebullterrierclub.ca/bsl.htm
thanks for listening :)
jodi
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 01:00:10 pm by EastJenn »
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Luvmydanes

Re: Animal Control in our area should be SHOT
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 10:14:53 am »
Jodi -
Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. Zeus is a great dane? Cause we had some idiot neighbors a while back complaining to animal control that Jasmine was skinny and unfed, and not taken care of too. They show up to see a water bowl FULL and her food bowl with food in it. They threatened her that the next time she files a false report that SHE would get the fine. HAHA! But I am so sick of people telling me how skinny Jasmine is. Her breed isn't to be fat! she is supposed to be thin and muscular looking. GRRR!!!! At least you didn't get a fine - what an idiot! If you have to carry those papers around, I would. And think of how stupid that guy is going to feel when you throw them in his face and he has to apologize for being wrong.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 10:20:15 am »
I think I would print a copy and mail it, certified so they have to sign to receive it, along with a description of your interaction with Garrett.  And question what it takes to become an SPCA officer. 
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline gabeshouse

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 12:47:12 pm »
Is the inconvenience that big a price to pay for knowing that if a pet your area were truly being mistreated, the complaint would be looked into?
  In our area, animal control is not a highly sought after job. Think about it. Every time he gets a complaint, someone is pi##ed at him; either the person with the complaint or the owner or both.
Just a thought...No win job...takes the job because he wants to help animals and ends up haivng to deal with us damn humans instead.

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Control in our area is terrible
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 01:31:16 pm »
well, what pee'd me off is the whole labling zero as a pit bull. and saying he is a banned breed... in Ontario pitbull and pitbull types are banned... but it says that bull terrier is exempt. and for him to say this to me, made me VERY upset. thats what pee'd me off.
Zeus has passed away a year ago. we had the complaint about him about- 5 months after getting him. he was a rescue, 86lbs at 2 years old... we had gotten him up to 120... and they still say he was skinny!!!  they didnt have a complaint about zero, but he still gave me troubles... and he wont do anything until he is made a complaint about...
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 01:38:03 pm »
Ok, first I admit total ignorance about the Bull Terrier breed.. with what the ammendment to 132 says, I'm confused because it says "Staffordshire Bull Terrier" , is that the same thing as the American Staffordshire Terrier, and is not the "Bull Terrier", they look totally different, but the names can be confusing.

2)  Section 1 of the Act is amended by adding the following definitions:

"pit bull" includes,

(a) a pit bull terrier,

(b) a Staffordshire bull terrier,

(c) an American Staffordshire terrier,

(d) an American pit bull terrier,

Pulled the quote from here: http://www.canadasguidetodogs.com/breederinfo11.htm
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 01:38:31 pm by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 01:49:50 pm »
Thank you!!!!
But, come on, what animal control officer (Who works SPCA) DOESNT know their dog breeds??? come on now!!
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo