Author Topic: introducing myself  (Read 3858 times)

Offline doxie3dolls

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
introducing myself
« on: June 21, 2005, 06:50:47 am »
Hi, I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself.  I'm Kathy Skinner from OK.  I'm owned by 3 rotties and a pit.  I'm involved with rottie rescue, SSRR and MARR, plus I have my own senior dog rescue.  I take in the oldster that nobody wants ... just because they're old, have health problems or are deaf / blind.  I've also got a hubby, David, and two teenage daughters, Emily who just turned 17 and Betty who is 15. (both causing lots of grey hair!!  LOL)

Now about my 4 legged kids.  Our first rottie is BabyGirl.  She's about 5 yrs old.  We got her when we lived in New Orleans thru a private rescue.  Our second rottie was Sampson.  He was 16 weeks old when we rescued him.  He was deaf and as he grew older, he developed sever neuro problems and finally crossed the bridge at 13 months old.  Our next one  is Bear.  Bear was in a high kill shelter in Kansas.  He was about 12 yrs old when I drove to Kansas to save him.  I felt he needed a home to live out his final days.   Well, 2 yrs later, he's fat and sassy and still going strong!  LOL  Guess that shows what love can do!  Then there is Osa.  She's our baby.  She's about 6 months old.  She's my sweetheart.  and boy is she going to be big!  And then last is Charlie..the pit.  He was one of 5 pups thrown out of a pickup truck when about 3 weeks old.  We bottlefed them for a couple of weeks.  All survived and have been adopted out.  Charlie was the sickly one of the group...colds and etc... and my Emily nursed him healthy.  He's now 7 months old and one of the most laid back dogs I've ever seen!

Sorry this is long.  Just wanted all to know about the newest member.  Thanks for listening!

BabyGirl
Bear
Osa
Charlie
Sampson(waiting for us at the bridge)
Kathy

Skinner's Senior Rescue
Sallisaw, OK
Open your heart and your home to a Senior Dog!!

lins_saving_grace

Re: introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 06:54:30 am »
Welcome to the group.  You'll love it here.  And looking forward to seeing picutres!

Offline bocephus

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 06:59:40 am »
Welcome! I'm new also and everyone here is so friendly! I'm Jen and only have one "baby", Bocephus. He is a bluetick coonhound/black lab. He's 6 months old and adorable!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 07:01:42 am »
Hello! Nice to meet so many new people here.  The group is booming! :) 
Jen...sometime s I wish I only had one.  two is quite the handful...but I'm getting used to it...and one day the choas will seem so normal.  :)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 07:17:57 am »
Howdy new folks! Let's see a picture of that Bochephus! I've got a pup who's a hound/saint bernard mix but really favors the hound. I had been thinking bloodhound for sure but I was walking him last night and a guy came out and said- "dang! a redbone coonhound!" It was funny but it made me want to see some coonhounds but even better to see how they show up in a mixed breed!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 07:22:30 am »
I love Bloodhounds!  I always wanted one growing up and then when I had kids because I figured if the kids get lost, the dog will sniff them out?!  They are beautiful and doghealer, your Nigel is sure a looker!  What a funny mix that is?  Thanks for sharing him with us!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 07:31:28 am »
Welcome to BPO doxie !!  We are very happy you joined our group. You will love to people here and in no time you will be addicted. LOL
Cant wait to see some pictures of all your babys.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 11:01:44 pm »
Hi Kathy, Jen and both of your tribes.  You will have fun here.  I really want to see some photos if you possibly can.  Peggy
Peggy

Offline rottiesNpugs

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
    • photos of my dogs & friends
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 09:16:47 am »
Welcome!!! I'm new here as well day 2 lol  ;D & about the length dont worry about it!!  we love hearing about your furbabies & yourself. Cant wait to hear more about ya & your little ones & would love to see some photos some time if possible!!
Your honor student is just a pawn in my pugs diabolical plot for world domination!