Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 10609 times)

Offline raaleppo

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Raaleppo Saint Bernards
Introduction
« on: March 07, 2005, 08:26:33 pm »
Hi My name is Ann Oppelaar
I am new here but I have been owned by Saint Bernards for the past 20 years and love it
I breed and show my web site is http://www.users.bigpond.com/raaleppo

Offline bigpawsadmin

• Michael~
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Dog Chomper
  • This is Bear
    • View Profile
    • Website - www.michaelandjaime.com
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 08:36:50 pm »
Hi Ann - and welcome! I happen to be owned by a newf but hopefully a saint soon too! Do you have any pictures of your fellow?

Michael
Just trying to keep the bugs off the board!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 10:31:28 pm »
Hi Ann! I love Saint Bernards too. I own a Newf (my love)  but would really like to add a little (Saint) brother to keep him company.  :)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Redhead5639

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 06:26:29 am »
Hi, my name is Bonnie and I am from Texas. I have a 7 yr old Gr Pyreneese, a 14 month old Newfoundland and 6 cats! Yup, they all get along. I would love to have a Saint Bernard if I EVER get Duffy the Newf under control! That calm, laid back Newf personality must develope a MUCH older age! Here is a link to a MSN group I made as I couldn't figure how to post pics any other way:
http://groups.msn.com/WatchingDuffyGrow/shoebox.msnw   Copy and paste if you would like to see the entire gang. BonnieF Just found out you can click on link and you can get there.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 06:28:01 am by Redhead5639 »

Offline bigpawsadmin

• Michael~
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Dog Chomper
  • This is Bear
    • View Profile
    • Website - www.michaelandjaime.com
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 10:32:41 am »
Welcome Bonnie! I love the pictures - your newf looks like an over-grown lap-dog! Is he aware of how big he is yet?
I just posted a sticky topic on how to post images to the website. It's actually super easy as the site actually hosts them for you. Simply click the "Additional Options..." link below the text field when posting and the necessary options will expand for you. I've gone ahead and posted a few of your images for you.

Again Welcome!
Michael

Just trying to keep the bugs off the board!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 03:49:58 pm »
Oh my goodness! That is the tiniest Newf I have ever seen next to a Prynees. Thanks for sharing.  :)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline raaleppo

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Raaleppo Saint Bernards
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 05:21:04 pm »
Hi Ann! I love Saint Bernards too. I own a Newf (my love)  but would really like to add a little (Saint) brother to keep him company.  :)

I was unable to  send a photo for that I need a email address
to you but my website is http://www.users.bigpond.com/raaleppo
If you like I can put a link to your site on my website
Do you have a logo?
Ann

Offline Hour3suns

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 05:21:05 pm »
Hi all y'all.  I'm Sharon.  We are a family of 5, consisting of me, my husband, and 3 little boys.  Our fur babies include Molly (9 yr Mini Dach), Toby (1 1/2 English Mastiff), and Tilly (1 yr. St. Bernard).  Oh, also 2 cats - a 3 legged wonder named SamCat and Emily, our old gal.  I can't forget to mention our bearded dragons (Blackie & Emily Elizabeth), and 2 fish.

Smiling & Waving,
Sharon

awo

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 05:47:03 pm »
I just want to say, as a lover of saints, you have great looking dogs. 

waffles717

Our Maggie is 6mo,old know we are getting another saint Bernard,too,maggie is being fixed 6/20 our new puppy Beckie will come end of july,How will she be with maggie and Visavsa?I want them to get alone,maggie very sweat she is from S,D,and so will the new Beckie,this is a wonderful Breed!The Gental Gift & I am so Happy to be abble to have this!any Advise we would love thank you marylee & maggie!!! ::) :D :) :-*

waffles717

Re: This is for Dear Ann!!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 03:33:59 am »
Hi there,yesthe ,waffles717@yahoo.com did I tell you we also have three toy poodles its funny she loves them, her faverate is Dixie,she is a red,but she is to small to run,the oldest is 12 ,8,7,they where the kids and they are grown and gone!then 12 year one is having a hard time with here legs,she can't clime get up,Maggie takes napes with her!it's upreal! she is 9 pounds! maggie is 85 know!How sweat is this!!!So email me any time i thought when the puppy cmes do it slow I would not let them sleep together unless they really want that but i am going to crate train her, and maggie sleeps right next tomy bed we wood foods she is a happy dog,we are going to have her spay when we come back next week from vac, she is sweat is she get's hot over heated,she get in bitey mood goes after me and i use a squart potle,i got that from my trainer on than that she a sweaty,but after she gets spayed do think she stop, this,get a larger Squart Bottle!!thank's marylee ::)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 06:20:21 am »
Hi, my name is Bonnie and I am from Texas. I have a 7 yr old Gr Pyreneese, a 14 month old Newfoundland and 6 cats! Yup, they all get along. I would love to have a Saint Bernard if I EVER get Duffy the Newf under control! That calm, laid back Newf personality must develope a MUCH older age! Here is a link to a MSN group I made as I couldn't figure how to post pics any other way:
http://groups.msn.com/WatchingDuffyGrow/shoebox.msnw   Copy and paste if you would like to see the entire gang. BonnieF Just found out you can click on link and you can get there.

Love the photos!  I was telling a friend about the newfies on this site and she commented that they will watch the family children like a hawk, making sure they never drown.  There is a great Pyrenees in Betti's Finishing School class.  He is only six months old, but huge.  I told my bf I could tell he was still a puppy and he was astonished.  I always tell him, and many, many other people) that rottweilers are NOT big dogs.  It seems they are kind of medium...reall y dwarfed if next to a dane/newfie/great pyrenees.   ;D
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner