Author Topic: Found my perfect job!  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Found my perfect job!
« on: September 27, 2006, 07:41:37 am »
Well Tim has been wanting to start a business for a long time now, and wants me to be involved with it. Then we came up with the perfect business. I am going to become an dog trainer and we'll open up our own business (daycare/training)! Why we didn't think of this before I don't know. I found a school to get the training from and I am going to take the first aid course that is offered through our local Humane Society. It is a 2 day course. I think that is very important to have. And we are also going start our own Large breed rescue as well. We hope to have this up and running by sometime next year. The course that I am going to take is about a year long. It is a risk but now is the time for us to do this as we don't have skin kids yet, and Tim is going to keep his job, and so am I for now. And he is going to help me run it. AHHH I am scared but excited at the same time.
What do you all think of the idea?

Edit: Oh the name is Dibby Dog Day Care( and we'll add training to it too) In Honor of Dilbert. We also got the website(not up yet) dibbydog.ca

Nina
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 07:43:43 am by Nina »
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Kirsti

Re: Found my perfect job!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 07:54:47 am »
Congrats Nina! I think its a great idea. You'll love it.

~K

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 08:07:58 am »
Congratulation s Nina! I am sooooooo happy for you!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 08:08:52 am »
Wow that sounds way cool and very exciting!!

Harleys trainer Melissa started out as a dog trainer and now she also owns a "Pet Resort" which is sooooo beautiful that I wish I could stay there!!

Best of luck to you!!!!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 08:41:27 am »
I love it!!! Dilbert will be so proud!

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 11:06:32 am »
Sounds like the perfect job for a dog lover. I wish you were in Texas, I'd take Rosie over for doggie daycare.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 11:17:24 am »
Sounds like the perfect Career, I wish you all the luck in the world. :)
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 11:43:21 am »
Congrats and good luck. Unfortunately I am not doing what I love in life- I am doing what is safe, secure and pays the bills and provides the health insurance. I would love to open a Dog Bakery Boutique. Or that combined with a day care. I think that if I could find the funding, I could pull off the rest of it with out quitting my job. My kids are now adults and going to school and they could work for us. I am really excited for you!!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 12:55:23 pm »
Congrats on your new endeavor.  I hope everything works out for you and keep us updated.  I would love to find the perfect job!
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 01:47:23 pm »
What a great idea! :) I wish you the best & look forward to hearing more about it as you get it going. :)
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 02:11:20 pm »
Wow thanks for all the encouragement! It is a big step and risk for us. But like Tim said it is the best time to do it. And there is a market for it and I know that it is somthing that I would love. Tim is going to do up the proposal for it and where we are both under the age of 31 we qualfiy for a government grant. So that is where we would get the funding to buy the space ect. I also love that now I can also jump in ans spend even more time in large breed rescue. I am really excited about this. Maybe once we get more business ect we can expand and hire someone to do grooming ect. And I can pick my Dad's brain and get his advice, as he own's his own business and so does my brother inlaw. And Tim is also taking some accounting courses so that will help. And his mother also does accounting. So it looks like that part is all figured out. Now it is just doing it! We were also looking at including a retail portion, high quality food ect.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 02:13:35 pm »
Congrats and good luck. Unfortunately I am not doing what I love in life- I am doing what is safe, secure and pays the bills and provides the health insurance. I would love to open a Dog Bakery Boutique. Or that combined with a day care. I think that if I could find the funding, I could pull off the rest of it with out quitting my job. My kids are now adults and going to school and they could work for us. I am really excited for you!!
Have you ever thought of doing the bakery part time and having an online store? I have heard of peolple doing that, but with selling T shirts online and they are doing very well.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 03:11:21 pm »
Congratulation s Nina! I hope that your business endeavor is everything you want it to be.  :)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.