Author Topic: torn knee ligament  (Read 2260 times)

Offline clark

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
torn knee ligament
« on: September 29, 2006, 06:12:09 am »
Over the summer I came to you wise sages for help with a limping buddy.  The vet said beginning stages of hip dysplasia and a torn knee ligament.  Over the summer I tried crating him, giving him daily doses of msm/glucosamine/condroitin, fish oil, and vit. e.  (still doing that every day - can't hurt!)  He hasn't improved so I took him for a second opinion yesterday.  Definitely looking like the knee needs surgery.

I was given the name of a vet that is very reasonable, but want to know if anyone has heard anything about this person or has experience with her.  Would love your feedback.  The dr. is Wendy Rangel of Affordable Quality Veterinary in Beaumont, CA.

Thanks guys.
Amy and Buddy
"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue."

Offline clark

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: torn knee ligament
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 10:46:45 am »
I'll go at this another way - can any of you in the Inland Empire (california) recommend a good yet not too expensive surgeon who can perform an acl repair on my lab?  PLEASE!!!
Thanks.
"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue."