Author Topic: WE ARE HOME WITH ZOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8357 times)

Offline Thelma

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
WE ARE HOME WITH ZOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: October 01, 2006, 04:21:46 am »
Hi all.

We finally made it home from Kentucky. It was a longggg
trip but well worth the time.
We also brought home 4 puppies with us...2 - 6 wk.old austrialian Shepherds and 2- 8 wk old blue ticks. They are being picked up today and eventually will end up in Eastern Pa. at a foster mothers home.

Zoe is great!
We are not exactlly sure how old she is...she was at a shelter in Estill County. She was scheduled to be put down on friday...  We were talking about a buddy for Duke and decided that we wanted to rescue Zoe.  She is so  appreciative of everything we do for her...even just a pet or a tummy rub..
I hate to think of where she has been and what she went through. BTW..fould out 9 mo. ago she had a litter of pups. I guess another dog where she was got her.
She sat between me and hubby the whole way home (8 hrs.)and just kept going back and forth laying her head on our laps. The lady at the shelter said that she would guess her at being 2 1/2 years.
her first meeting with Duke was a growl. but we worked together with them last night and no more growls except one this morning when Duke got too close when Zoe was eating a dog bisquit.  poor girl probably had to fight for her food.
Well, I know I've gone on and on. they seem to be kind of ignoring each other right now. I'm sure they will soon be the best of friends. (fingers crossed!) lol

Thelma
Duke and Zoe
~Thelma & Karl~
~Duke~Zoe~Toby~Spencer

~Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body..but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out ....shouting.. . WOW!
What a Ride!!!~

chaosndestruction

Re: WE ARE HOME WITH ZOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 05:47:29 am »
awww!!! She's PRETTY!!!!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 06:24:18 am »
Congratulation s on your new girl! She looks really sweet.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 09:18:29 am »
She's beautiful! Congratulation s!
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 09:23:13 am »
Oh, she's a beauty and I can't wait to see more pics of her! I'm so glad you guys had a safe trip. I hope Duke loves her and plays with her and that they have a blast together!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Luvmydanes

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 10:01:57 am »
She is so pretty! Congrats!!!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 03:19:47 pm »
Congrats on your new addition.  Zoe is beautiful!  I'm sure once she gets settled in she will love Duke as well.  That was awesome of you to rescue all those other puppies also. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 01:19:40 am »
She's beautiful!!!!

Congratulation s!!

More pics.......... .please?????
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 02:50:28 am »
Awwww, what a beautiful girl!
Congratulation s!

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 03:17:34 am »
She is a doll.  Good thing she traveled well or that would have been the longest 8 hrs of your life.  Congratulation s.

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 03:23:20 am »
Yeah!  How great that all those puppers were helped.  You are wonderful. 

We had some owly growly business when Cosmo first came home, but all is well now.  (Not to say we don't have an occasion outburst now and then)  Life is wonderful with a rescue though!!  Thanks for going the distance for all of them!
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes

Kirsti

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 05:12:35 am »
Awww, what a cutie! She is lucky to be with you and your fam.

:)~K

Offline Thelma

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: WE ARE HOME WITH ZOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! updated!!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 01:02:03 pm »
Zoe went to the vet tonight.  All is well. He did put her on an antibotic just for percaution because she was a rescue and had a bit of a runny nose.
We need to get some weight on her . She only weights 92 pds. The vet said she is about 30-35 pounds underweight.

Other than that, shes great.  Getting much more relaxed at home.

Aren't shelter dogs great....they just are so grateful....an d I am grateful that we found her.  LIFE IS GOOD!

Karl and Thelma
Duke and Zoe
~Thelma & Karl~
~Duke~Zoe~Toby~Spencer

~Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body..but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out ....shouting.. . WOW!
What a Ride!!!~

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 01:18:20 pm »
YAY for Zoe!!!! She really is beautiful... can't wait to see how she looks once she is up to a healthy weight!! And I know exactly what you mean about shelter dogs being grateful. When Connor first came home from the pound to live with us, any bit of attention and he surely thought he was in Heaven. :)

I am so glad there are others out there who realize that there are wonderful dogs waiting in shelters who will make awesome companions. It is so sad when dogs are abandoned, I never used to think it happened to purebreds but I have learned a lot since then!!! YAY for choosing a shelter pet!!! WOOHOO!!!! :D The best part is when people remark on how gorgeous a dog is, and then you get to tell them... yep! This was a pound puppy!!! ;D

Congratulation s!!!!!!!!!! :D

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 08:07:31 pm »
Congratulation s!!! :) Zoe looks so sweet! I can't wait to see more photos of her. I'm sending you big hugs for rescuing her. What a sweet face!
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn