Author Topic: Going to Florida  (Read 1598 times)

Offline DoberBaby17

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Going to Florida
« on: October 02, 2006, 06:05:31 am »
Dave and I will be down in Florida (Sarasota/Bradenton area)in November. Also going to Orlando for a day or two. Just wondering if anyone knew of any sights, events, attractions, etc that we just shouldn't miss! All I can think of right now is sailing in the Gulf and going to Universal or something. Maybe some tidbits that most tourists don't know about would be nice...  ;D
Stacy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
Re: Going to Florida
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 06:36:17 am »
You have to go to the Kennedy Space Center it is about an hour drive east of Orlando.  It is definately worth the trip.  You also have to see Gator Land it is in Kissime just west of Orlando.  Smitty says ya cant miss it it's on 441 and there is a HUGE Gator head that is the entrance.

That is all that we can think of right now.

Have a Grat trip.  I am sure that Holly can tell you more.

Carrie
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney

Kirsti

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 07:14:44 am »
I totaly agree with going to KSC!! It was my favorite place when I went to Flordia. Gator Land was great too. Epcot center was cool, but I can't remember if that was also part of Disney World (which was fun too) It's been a while sence I went to Flordia, but I'll bet you will have a blast!!

Have a safe time there!

~K

Offline DoberBaby17

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 08:26:43 am »
Wow!!! I'll only be there for 7 days, and it looks like my schedule's getting full already! Thanks for all the info. I'll be sure to post pictures when we get back. There's actually a shuttle launch on the 14th, so I think we might try to get to the space center to witness that. And oh, that cajun seafood dish sounds yum!!  ;D
Stacy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."