Author Topic: Female Mastiff in high kill shelter!!!!  (Read 6825 times)

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Female Mastiff in high kill shelter!!!!
« on: October 02, 2006, 06:19:33 am »
This girl looks so sweet, and this shelter is all to famous for putting down dogs w/ a reason, and putting down dogs w/o calling their breed rescue, so please, lets get this girl a good home-SOON!
here is her petfinder page
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7097864

i cannot help transport :( but i may be able to go to the shelter to check her out, maybe even pull her if i had a garanteed home, and the adoption fee ;).  i can't keep her here for any amount of time, we had a scare w/ demodex and i don't wanna do it again!

please guys, we can pool our resources and get her out of there. she is in the Rio Rancho animal shelter in New Mexico.

hope someone here can take her, i would hate for her to go to someone who is gonna use her for the wrong purposes.

thanks, Leah
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
Re: Female Mastiff in high kill shelter!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 06:31:09 am »
Wow she is beautiful.  I cant keep her but later this week we are going to be driving from San Diego to Indiana so if anyone along that route would want her we would be glad to transport her.  As long as she gets along with 2 male dogs and a skin kid.  Let us know if anyone is interested we will be happy to help.

Carrie
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 06:40:46 am »
You may want to contact FORM and see if they can pick her up. 

Regional Coordinator for Texas - Arizona - New Mexico

Anne Healy
3706 Garrett Blvd.
Deer Park, TX   77536 

Phone: (281) 930-0706
Fax: (281) 476-9475
e-mail: MYKANN@aol.com

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 06:56:30 am »
Thank you all so much for the quick resposnses, i am sorry i can't do more, but i may be aquiring an aussie pup this weekend (!!!!!) and can't do anything more.

now all we need is someone willing to take her in. talk to your friends, etc.

i am leaving now, but will be home around 3 to discuss further. 

thanks so much!!!!!

Leah
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 07:10:14 am »
I don't know what I can do, but if there is anything, let me know! I'm in Indiana, and I can transport and foster. I can only foster for a short period of time at this point, though, because I'm already fostering one, and I'm adopting another one on Saturday! Sooo...that puts me at 3 dogs this week.

But, if anyone around here wants her, I'm more than willing to help out!

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 07:17:48 am »
thank you, thank you, thank you! as you can tell, something about this dog jumped out at me, and i really want her to be safe...

i will let you know if we need you nicole!

Leah
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 07:23:01 am »
Sure! I'm thinking that between Carrie (morphsmom) coming from San Diego to Indiana, and me being already in Indiana...if anyone further east or south were interested, we could pull it off. This definitely could very easily be a cross-country rescue, if necessary!

Hmm...I wonder if Julie is interested in her? She's looking for another dog. I'll mention it.

Offline mamadoglewis

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 07:47:28 am »
My husband and I live in NC and have two Pyrs. If you can find out more about her, we might be interested. Please let me know.

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 01:23:18 pm »
I will see what i can dig up!

Leah

P.S. i may have a aussie pup called Elvis (name has got to go) by this weekend!!!!!! he is 4 months old!!!!! he came from the same shelter this girl is at now.
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 01:33:04 pm »
Ok, so i just called and it was a recording. I will call again tomorrow, and i left a message. So all we know is female mastiff, probably not yet spayed, looks really scared in pix. might need to go to someone w/ experience in mastiffs and/or shelter dogs. so anyone in NM, Co, IL, or anywhere in between ;) should speak up if you can take her. sounds like we are getting quite a network together!!! i will let you know as soon as i know anything else about her.

Leah
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 05:18:02 pm »
Ok, so no new news. Mamadoglewis (sorry, don't know your real name), where are you? and do you know if you can take her? If someone either in Colorado, California, Indiana, or somwhere between San Diego and Indiana want her, we are set. if they are somewhere else, we may need some other volunteers. Right now what i really need is someone to take her. Nicole-was julie interested? where is she? do you know anyone in IN that might want her? please call around. if you think you can place her, would you be willing to foster until you do, or is that way to long term? i totally understand your position, and you have done enough just offering. thanks to all of you. right now i am in the middle of an adoption, so i can't do much :( .

i hope all this mumble jumble works out, if anyone has any news, or a possible home for her, PLEASE let me know!

Leah
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 01:21:35 am »
Ok, so no new news. Mamadoglewis (sorry, don't know your real name), where are you? and do you know if you can take her? If someone either in Colorado, California, Indiana, or somwhere between San Diego and Indiana want her, we are set. if they are somewhere else, we may need some other volunteers. Right now what i really need is someone to take her. Nicole-was julie interested? where is she? do you know anyone in IN that might want her? please call around. if you think you can place her, would you be willing to foster until you do, or is that way to long term? i totally understand your position, and you have done enough just offering. thanks to all of you. right now i am in the middle of an adoption, so i can't do much :( .

i hope all this mumble jumble works out, if anyone has any news, or a possible home for her, PLEASE let me know!

Leah

Well, I think that Julie is adopting a Dane, so, probably not. I'm rehoming Dudley the foster on Friday, and adopting Dewey the Saint on Saturday. Sooo...after Saturday, we'd be OK to take in one more, but not for too long...the boyfriend will freak. He's been soooo good about Dudley and Dewey. But, he's always fine with fosters, as long as he knows that there is some sort of end in sight.

Point is, I could take her in. It just couldn't be an indefinite thing. But, if she needed to get to NC, I could help arrange that.

Offline mamadoglewis

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 06:51:58 am »
My husband and I would like to have this mastiff if she is cat and small dog friendly. We have two cats and two small dogs as well as our Pyrs and they are first on our priority list. We are willing to drive to meet whoever can ger her closest to us. We are in eastern NC. Let us know. I will PM newfie lovr my phone number.

Nicole

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 06:59:31 am »
My husband and I would like to have this mastiff if she is cat and small dog friendly. We have two cats and two small dogs as well as our Pyrs and they are first on our priority list. We are willing to drive to meet whoever can ger her closest to us. We are in eastern NC. Let us know. I will PM newfie lovr my phone number.

Well, Carrie can get her to Indiana. I can get her further south. I will PM you my number, too so that we can discuss it further if you want.

Offline mamadoglewis

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 07:13:49 am »
I just talked with the shelter and there is a reserve on this girl. They said that I could call back on the 7th to find out if the folks were coming to get her.