Author Topic: Rottweilers  (Read 14021 times)

Offline RottiesRmyLuv

• Gnawer
  • Britta
    • View Profile
Rottweilers
« on: March 21, 2005, 03:45:56 am »
Would Love to see some Rottie Pics here!!!!  We are Big Dogs Too!!!  

Offline nosajwrx-7

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Rottweilers
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 12:18:02 pm »
Here's a picture of Grizzly as a pup.  He just had TPLO surgery Thursday.

Offline crazeedogs3

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 10:28:55 pm »
Would Love to see some Rottie Pics here!!!!  We are Big Dogs Too!!!  

Offline Barb

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 07:35:26 am »
I am owned by an almost 9 year old Rottie, Ebony. Ebony and I really enjoy working together. Ebony plays Agility and is in the upper level in all except USDAA which we have only attended a couple of their trials and that was back when she was only 3 years old. Many year later we do agility here in the states and since we live in Maine we also go to Canada frequently. Ebony also does tracking and herding, she has her CD but we never went back after we discovered agility. Ebony still plays agility as a matter of fact we just returned a week or so ago from Dartmouth NS at a CPE trial and Ebony whooped my Aussie's tush in their jumpers run by almost 4 seconds. Ebony really loves the game.
Barb

Offline RottiesRmyLuv

• Gnawer
  • Britta
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 12:49:06 am »
Here's a picture of Grizzly as a pup.  He just had TPLO surgery Thursday.

Grizzly is Soooo Cute!! Makes me want to get another Pup, LOL  Lorna

Offline RottiesRmyLuv

• Gnawer
  • Britta
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 12:50:35 am »
I am owned by an almost 9 year old Rottie, Ebony. Ebony and I really enjoy working together. Ebony plays Agility and is in the upper level in all except USDAA which we have only attended a couple of their trials and that was back when she was only 3 years old. Many year later we do agility here in the states and since we live in Maine we also go to Canada frequently. Ebony also does tracking and herding, she has her CD but we never went back after we discovered agility. Ebony still plays agility as a matter of fact we just returned a week or so ago from Dartmouth NS at a CPE trial and Ebony whooped my Aussie's tush in their jumpers run by almost 4 seconds. Ebony really loves the game.
Barb
I would Love to do that kind of thing with my Lady, you are so lucky!!  Good Luck

Offline lisa2270

• Gnawer
  • Anatolian Shepherds Rule...But So Rotties!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 10:37:29 am »
Everyone's Rotties are beautiful!  Below is a picture of my Rottie, Bodhi, with my Anatolian Shepherd, Zeka.  Bodhi's much bigger now - 110 lbs & my shepherd is about 150lbs.  The puppy in my avatar is the new Anatolian Shepherd that I'm picking up this weekend.  Very large puppies!
Love my 3 babies - Zeka, Bodhi & Princess Buttercup

Offline joann

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 10:21:43 am »
Here's my chunky girl, Daytona!  :D

Offline Cookie

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Huachuca Net
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 10:10:11 pm »
At 96 pounds, I'm sure Cookie Monster qualifies as a big dog, and is probably about the right weight for a Rottie.  I'm not sure if Cookie is just a long-haired Rott, or if he has something else like Newf in him.  Anybody out there care to take a guess?  I rescued him from the local Shelter after he spent 6 months there, so his heritage isn't known.  He has a docked tail, and his stub is always in motion, indicating his friendliness.  

Offline Saljen

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Rosie with icy whiskers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 12:40:32 am »
Everybody's Rotties are just BEAUTIFUL!  ;D I have been friends with a few Rotts in my life and I think they are just wonderful dogs. Where I live in Oklahoma though they have a bit of a bad rep, people thinking that they are viscious breed (of course, this isn't true and its all in the training or lack thereof). There is a lot of illegal dog fighting that goes around here though and I think that adds to the scare. Was wondering, do Rotts get a bad rep in other parts as well?

Offline joann

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2005, 08:14:28 am »
At what weight do we say it's a "big dog" Is it by weight or breed specific?

I have a lab that weighs almost as much as the Rottie!  :o

Rufiesmom

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 02:48:41 pm »
this is Sophie's baby pic

Rufiesmom

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2005, 05:49:37 pm »
This is Sophie grown up!

Offline Canine Artist

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2005, 10:02:40 pm »
I really enjoyed the Rottweiler photos...they are such magnificent dogs,a nd a breed I love to paint.  Newfoundlands, being the dog of my heart.  ;)

To answer you question on reputation.  Unfortunately, yes, I think it is all over, not just in Oklahoma.  Rottweilers are not the only breed to suffer this undeserved characterizati on.  Pitt Bulls, I think actually edge out Rottweilers recently.  In fact, some cities have gone so far to ban some breeds, I believe again, that was aimed at Pit Bulls.    An absolutely wrong approach, in my opinion.

Canine Artist

Everybody's Rotties are just BEAUTIFUL!  ;D I have been friends with a few Rotts in my life and I think they are just wonderful dogs. Where I live in Oklahoma though they have a bit of a bad rep, people thinking that they are viscious breed (of course, this isn't true and its all in the training or lack thereof). There is a lot of illegal dog fighting that goes around here though and I think that adds to the scare. Was wondering, do Rotts get a bad rep in other parts as well?

Offline RottiesRmyLuv

• Gnawer
  • Britta
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2005, 07:16:25 pm »
Yeah, I can see Newfie in your Rott mix.  Cookie is too cute, lovin your pics.  Lorna