Author Topic: What's your dog going to be on Halloween?  (Read 3427 times)

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
What's your dog going to be on Halloween?
« on: October 04, 2006, 01:08:49 pm »
What's your dog going to dress up as on Halloween? I'm not too creative this year, so we may dress Rosie up as a University of Michigan football player. It's easy enough to put her in a jersey. It's fun to entertain the thought of trick or treating with a large Newf and using her cuteness as leverage for getting more candy. But she's got a barking-at-strangers-when-there-are-so-many-of-them complex. Scaring neighbors to death is probably not the effect we're going for.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
Re: What's your dog going to be on Halloween?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 01:17:46 pm »
Oh noooo!!!!!!  Here we go again!  Last year Chelle dressed my Pippin up as a sheep!  I dont even want to look this year...LOL

Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 01:24:59 pm »
Butterflies! And, yes, I promise lots of pics!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Lyn

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 02:49:24 pm »
The pet store has chicken costumes.. hehehe. I'm going to see if the large will fit Lola. I figured it would be hilarious. :D If we get it, I'll definitely take pics. lol

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 02:59:28 pm »
Nola's going to be a Liger (you know, Napoleon Dynamite's favorite animal, 1/2 lion, 1/2 tiger).  He is going to have a lion mane and we are going to spray paint (with non-toxic colored hairspray) tiger stripes on him.  I am still trying to find a really cool lion costume to destroy just for the mane.  Shh, don't tell anyone else. We want him to be special.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 03:04:34 pm »
Oh noooo!!!!!!  Here we go again!  Last year Chelle dressed my Pippin up as a sheep!  I dont even want to look this year...LOL

Jackie
Aw c'mon, Jackie!...Does Pippin look upset to you?...People were ADORING him & he lives for that!!
(notice though he is forever my sloppy boy LOL!)

Luvmydanes

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 04:22:17 am »
I'm not sure what Goliath will be, but I really want to find a little saddle for Jasmine and Caden (my middle skin kid) wants to be a cowboy. Any suggestions for Goliath?

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 04:29:50 am »
I think a saddle would be great!  When kids come to the farm to look at the dogs I tell them first off.  We have two rules here that you must follow.  They will say what's that?  You can not go through a gate without an adult with you.  And you cant ride the dogs.  When that comes out they just get this sunken look on thier faces and say WHY!!!!!!!!!?....lol
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

Luvmydanes

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 04:35:20 am »
Ok Hubby just said he saw a few costumes and there was a princess one that was big enough for Jasmine and a spiderman one for Goliath...woul dn't that be hilarious!?

Offline LJ06

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 07:26:10 am »
I was able to find Woody and Buzz Lightyear on buycostumes.co m. The Buzz costume is basically wings so it was able to fit my Saint. Good Luck. I love Halloween! So fun  :) ;D