Author Topic: New Puppy for me????  (Read 7711 times)

Kirsti

New Puppy for me????
« on: October 12, 2006, 04:26:51 am »
OOH, I so hope so! I hopefully get to see her today (the pound she is at doesn't open for a long while yet and its driving me crazy! So, its a young (I'm thinking close to a year, maybe 2) pure breed Siberian Husky (whats one of those doing in a pound?!?!) Anyway, I'm really excitied, my dad (cuz ya all know I live at home  ::)) asked how much it was, (thinking I was getting it from a breeder or something... but when I told him it was from the pound he seemed more inclinde to letting me get it...(WOOHOO!)  My mom and brother arn't to sure about it... (my bro, thinks I only need one dog... *crazy boy*) SO here is a picture of her, I'll get TONS more when I see her today...and then hopefully I can take her home sometime this week,if it all works out... aka talking everyone into it.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: New Puppy for me????
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 04:43:44 am »
beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Luvmydanes

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 04:52:35 am »
She is beautiful! Good luck on getting her! Keep us posted.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 07:19:29 am »
OOooh ,I just love sibes ! I had one for 6 years , he had to be put down on Thanksgiving of '00 from chronic pneumonia and bronchitus  :'( I still miss him so much ! I got him when I lived in Alaska and the move back to the lower 48 never did sit well with him , just too warm ! His sire ran in the Iditarod !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Kirsti

Re: New Puppy for me???? *Update*
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 01:51:32 pm »
SO, I called the pound really early this moring, hopeing she would still be there...but they never called me back.  I guess she got adopted today by someone else. I hope she has a great home, with people who know all about Huskies... Guess she wasn't for me... I will keep looking though.. I'll call back tomorrow just to make sure she isn't there...Thanks for pulling for me, I think I got my family all ready for a new girl.. we'll just have to wait and see if there is another one at the pound. 

~K

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 05:39:55 pm »
That's great that the dog found a home, but I hope you find the dog you're looking for! Are you looking for anything specific, like breed, age, gender, color? Or just anything?
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 07:33:05 pm »
She is beautiful! :)

I hope you are able to bring her home! :)
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Kirsti

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 08:44:39 am »
I've really been looking for a female Husky lately..the red one's are pretty but I'm not that picky... There is a Husky rescue down in Vegas, I might just go there and look sometime...

~K