Author Topic: Dogless Blues  (Read 18138 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Dogless Blues
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2006, 04:47:39 am »
Can't you get Grizzly later?  after the repairs are done? 

I'm so sad! :(

Kirsti

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2006, 05:26:04 am »
Oh thats sad! I hope you can get Grizzly later... and I hope your house is okay

~K

Offline galxe

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2006, 05:43:33 am »
We could most certainly get him later. And the selfish side of me would really like to! But I also know that that's quite awhile to have him in foster care. He's already been there a month, and that's anothe rmonth added on. The selfish part of me hopes he doesn't find a home in that time, and gets to come home with us, but I know that if they find another home for him in the mean time, I just want what's best for him. Though, hubby and I are also going to do all that we can to speed this process up!

Our house will be fine, it's just very, very frustrating. Every small job turns into a large job because we keep finding that things weren't done right the first timne. The house was built in the 30s, and was meant to be the medical building for the camp. So, it was never meant to be a year-round, full-time occupied house. I just wish that for once, we could start a small project without finding somethign majorly wrong, yknow? Especially because we finally got everyhting else done and the last of our furniture moved in, and it was starting to feel like home. Now it's back to ground zero- sheetrock dust all over the house, walls missing, floors missing. It's just all very tiring. But, it will be for the better. We have to redo the bottom cabinets and the counter, so we're getting a dishwasher and new counters, and we discovered the ground floor has hardwood floors, so when we have the time and enegery in a year or so, we'll have some nice solid cherry floors. But, we're just so ready to be done working on the #%#%#%^ house. And we're ready to bring Grizzly home. But we can't. Ugh. I'm going to drown my whining in chocolate.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2006, 06:31:30 am »
You are NOT whining....at least it's not unjustified whining!!  Remodeling is NEVER fun!!  We've done in several times and each time the contractor would come in with the bad news about previous remodels...ugh!!  Even at our tiny cabin...we are just in the process of putting on a new deck because the old one was 70 years old and in danger of collapsing...t hey found dry rot all around where the old deck was touching the cabin!!  AND the cabin was supported only by 2 x 4's with no concrete foundations!!  DOUBLE UGHH!!

Hopefully Grizzly will still be waiting for you when you are done...maybe you should just come down and visit him...just in case!!  If not, "Bernewfs" are due to be born at any minute and they will be ready to go after the first of the year.  Does anybody smell puppy breath!!!??

Offline LittleGrace

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2006, 06:45:54 am »
Grizzly sounds like the perfect fit for your family and I am sure it will all work out somehow for you. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything will resolve itself quickly.

Sorry to hear about your house, that is tough =(  We have a nightmare slow remodel on ours because we are doing most everything ourselves... Thankfully although there was some water damage in the bathroom upstairs it didn't seep far into the walls or floors.

My family has a house up near the Y in South Lake Tahoe and we are planning on bringing Grace our OEM up with us when we come up to go skiing some weekends. Maybe we will see you sometime!

Offline galxe

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2006, 07:12:48 am »
Our friend is a GC and so with his help, we've done everythign ourselves so far. We might call someone in for the bathroom... we'll see. We'll get a better look at it all this weekend when we gut it.

I hoep they'll still let us have Grizzly. I won't be able t come this weekend because of the recent changes at the house, but, my husband will be in Anaheim next weekend and maybe he'll get to go for a visit  :)

Thanks for all of the encouragement guys! Right now we're just super-bummed, but we know that what doesn't kill su we'll make us stronger or yadda-yadda somethign like that.

The Y is very close to us! Definitely let us know when you're up! Hubs has a huge thing for OEMs, but he figures that getting such a short haired dog when we live in snow for almost 6 months out of the year would be a bad idea.