Author Topic: newbie  (Read 4054 times)

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« on: June 23, 2005, 09:14:02 am »
Hi everyone, my name is Kristy. Board newbie, Rottie newbie. Well, I don't have her yet, but I pick her up on the 30th, I am really excited.
From what I have read/seen all over this site, you guys just love your Rotts. It has taken alot of convincing for my husband to finally cave in (about 8 years worth and a cat..?) and he even picked her out. He has seen them full grown and won't go near them... that and we have 2 kids so everyone has tried to talk me out of it.
My uncle told me to teach her commands in German as to not confuse her when I am yelling at my kids... Has anyone else here done that or is that mostly a competition thing?
Ok, well... I just wanted to introduce myself, cause I'm sure you will be seeing alot of me around.

Icerotti

Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 09:29:29 am »
Hi welcome I am a newbie too. I have a male rotti who is seven years old. My first rotti 15 years ago was a female. Shaste was the sweetest rotti.  She was very good with kids even though I did not have any at that time. My male now is just fantastic with my 5 year old daughter and was from day one.  :D I have had 2 females and 3 males rottis over the past 15 years and not one regret!!
You will not be disappointed and will have the best friend ever. Good luck with your new fur baby.
Michelle

Offline Moonhawksowl

• Gnawer
  • Gandalf & Freya raw food dogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 11:40:48 am »
Hey Welcome aboard!! ;D
You will love your Rottie, she will trun your world around and take claim of your heart,
Frist give her one of your old shoes you don't want for scent purpose and keep her from chewing others,  because she has one of her own ;)
You will be fine, hey if she,s not potty trained get those dispossiple bed pads they obsorbed,
Welcome Again
A Girls Best Friend Is Her Rottweiller:)& Horses!!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 06:01:55 pm »
Welcome!  Rotties are the world to me!  So, don't feel bad about posting a ton of photos and stories.  I love them all!
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: newbie + q?
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 09:54:48 am »
Anyone here crate thier puppies? This seems to be a big thing. I have had about 9 dogs throughout my life and we have never crated any of them. I was just curious.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 10:05:12 am »
Welcome! You will love Club Big Paws.
I have some experience with crate training, it's how I trained my dog Zoot. It worked like a charm for him. He was potty trained in record time- I think less than a week. But my new pup Nigel? Heavens no!!! First thing he does when I put him in there is take a leak, and then if he's in there much longer there will be more than peepee to clean up!! He screams and screams and really freaks himself out. So it just doesn't work for all dogs. When I leave the house I confine him to the kitchen with my other dog, puppy-proof the whole room, and give a million chewtoys to him. It has worked much better then the crate for him.
Hope that helps!
Here's a picture of a rottie that I used to have. She was an amazing friend and companion. I adopted her when she was over a year old, and we were still able to develop a very deep bond. I believe rotties have good hearts. If you treat them well they will do everything to please you.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 12:16:23 pm »
Hello & welcome to B.P.'s!...My name is Chelle & I live in Iowa with my hubby, 2 skin kids, 8 cats, 2 house bunnies, & my Pyr, Samson...I crate trained Samson & it worked wonderfully!...He is now 11 months old & has been out of the crate for about a month & 1/2 now...We still have his crate in the family room but he uses it at will...The door is always open...I have not moved back upstairs to my bedroom though...Samso n likes when I sleep on the family room couch...lol... I am glad you joined us & I hope you enjoy your time here!

Offline 4everblu

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lord help me be the person my dog thinks I am.
    • View Profile
    • The Spotted Dog
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 04:57:47 pm »
Hi Kristy;
I'm pretty new here, myself.
How exciting for your to get a new baby!
I'll be looking forward to seeing her and getting to  know you.
Please Visit "The Spotted Dog" for  Personalized Doggie signatures and graphics.  http://forums.delphiforums.com/ourdogs/start

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 12:34:45 pm »
WELCOME!  and the 30th is right around the corner.  :) 
Congrats on the new baby.  We love puppy pictures!  I'm the biggest offender of overposting rottie pup pictures :) 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 12:35:13 pm »
Yes Sklicker, we krate both of our girls.