Author Topic: update on Duke and Zoe  (Read 4415 times)

Offline Thelma

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
update on Duke and Zoe
« on: October 14, 2006, 01:18:12 pm »
It's been 3 weeks now since we adopted Zoe and brought her home from Kentucky. Since she has been here it has been nothing short of amazing! Not sure what we did without her.  Duke feels the same way.  They are getting along great!
We take them on daily walks ,people stop us and think we are crazy for having two big dogs...we say we are LUCKY!  we extended their area in the back yard so they would have more room to run and play.
They are both so cuddly....when hubby gets out of bed in the morning for work...they crawl in his place.lol
At night they can't wait for him to get home from work.
Our life now revolves around our furbabies.
Where we go...they go.....We just wish that there were more places that allowed you to bring you're dogs.
We love Duke but...I just can't say enough good things about a rescue. It's like everything we do is new to her.
she didn't even know what a treat was when we brought her home. Toys? she didn't know what to do with them.  In just this short time she has come so far.
We got her changed over from the "shelter" food to Innova
and she is doing great on it. I think she has finally got it that there will always be food there for her.
I know I've rambled on and on but I just wanted to give you all an update since I don't post alot.
Also want you to know how much we learn from you all.
When you're pets are sick.....we feel for you.....when you are proud of you're pets...so are we!  What a great community this is......Life is good!
Can you stand to look at a few pics?

The Stewart Family
Karl, Thelma
Duke & Zoe
~Thelma & Karl~
~Duke~Zoe~Toby~Spencer

~Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body..but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out ....shouting.. . WOW!
What a Ride!!!~

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: update on Duke and Zoe
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 01:48:35 pm »
I agree with Tina:  pictures are ALWAYS good, especially of Duke and Zoe!  They are so adorable together!  Life IS good when your life is full of dogs and good friends who share their dogs with you!!!

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 03:09:48 pm »
Oh wow! She is beautiful! I'm so glad she fits in so well! Don't you love having two big dogs?! I sure do! And those pictures are great! Please keep them coming! I'm so happy for you, Duke and Zoe!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline ozzysma

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 02:45:37 am »
oh they so look like best buds. you are soo lucky!!!  great pictures. patti

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 01:00:41 pm »
Awwwww!  They are so cute together!  So glad to hear your happy ending story!  More pics any time will certainly be appreciated ;)
Daphne

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 01:05:50 pm »
Glad to hear everything is going well! The pups look great :)
RIP former BPO

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 02:06:24 pm »
I am so glad to hear that things are going so well with Zoe. Both of them are just so precious!  I LOVE the pictures.  ;D
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 03:08:58 am »
How wonderful! I am so glad to see Zoe and Duke getting along so well! I swear they are both smiling!

Great pics - keep em' coming please!

Luvmydanes

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 03:17:09 am »
Duke and Zoe look great! They look so happy together.