Author Topic: Lady is in surgery - UPDATE!  (Read 13605 times)

EllieAndBlu

Re: Lady is in surgery - UPDATE!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 07:26:14 am »
we're picking her up today!!!    ;D

Wahooooo - that is awesome news! Lady will feel so much better being at home... as will all of you, esp. Grace!

mjjensen

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 07:49:41 am »
  I'm so glad to hear everything went well and you're going to be able to bring her home today. I hope she has a speedy recovery!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 07:55:52 am »
I'm so glad that you baby will (or is by now) home with you where she belongs!!  Give her a hug from me and a kiss from Harley!!

Hope her recuperation is quick and easy.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 08:32:59 am »
  I'm so glad to hear everything went well and you're going to be able to bring her home today. I hope she has a speedy recovery!
there's not going to be anything speey about this.  4-6 weeks no moving except to potty.  another 6 weeks supervised moving.  and up to 6 months for a full recovery.  :) 

Luvmydanes

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 09:51:24 am »
there's not going to be anything speey about this.  4-6 weeks no moving except to potty.  another 6 weeks supervised moving.  and up to 6 months for a full recovery.  :) 

Wow a long recovery...wel l I hope lady recovers fully and doesn't give you too much trouble with her not being able to move around these next few weeks! Keep us posted, and I'm so glad she is home where she should be now.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2006, 10:22:28 am »
Yes! So glad to hear Lady is doing okay! Wishing her a speedy recovery!  :)
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2006, 10:32:07 am »
Poor Girl :-*, Here's to wishing a faster than normal recovery ;D.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2006, 11:53:07 am »
i think someone is glad to be home.  we took off the hood since she only has to wear it when she's alone.  On the way out the vet's office she ran into one wall and stopped in front of the window and all you could see was her from the neck back.  she didn't know what to do.  no perrifrial vision.  so i climbed in the back of the Jeep with her and she just laid down.  she's in her brand new doggy bed now sleeping like a baby.

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2006, 12:09:47 pm »
Poor girl :( I hope she's feeling better soon.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline Suzanka

• Gnawer
  • This is Chumley
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2006, 12:12:47 pm »
Hi Lady,
My name is Chumley and my mom just picked me up from the vet hospital today. I had my ACL repaired. I don't have a bandage though. I wish I did since it kind of makes my mom woosey to look at all my staples.I'm not feeling very well, I'm in a lot of pain but so glad to be home. I hope that you are feeling better soon. We will be running around like normal in no time and this will all just be a bad memory, yeah!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2006, 12:13:01 pm »
doesn't she look pitiful?  tomorrow she's in for the soreness from the really good drugs wearing off.

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2006, 12:16:02 pm »
Well, one good thing about her being sore, it will keep her from wiggling around so much she opens up her stiches or re-injures her self.  It's just so sad to see them like that. 
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2006, 12:19:45 pm »
Well, one good thing about her being sore, it will keep her from wiggling around so much she opens up her stiches or re-injures her self.  It's just so sad to see them like that. 
true.  she won't want to walk for a while.  it is hard to see them like this.  but it's for the best. 
the vet stapled her inscission.  <---spelled so wrong.  so even if she can reach them she can't open it.  her paw has stitches in it.  10 to 14 days till we can have them out.

Luvmydanes

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2006, 12:24:41 pm »
Lady looks all drugged. lol And her new bed looks SO comfy I almost want to lay in it - lucky pup. :) And I swear - she does look bigger. I hope she gets too feeling better soon.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2006, 12:28:57 pm »
maybe she is bigger.  she's a big girl.  and she is pretty stoned right now. 

oh by the way...the xrays show that her hips are in excellent conditions.  no dysplasia here!!!