Author Topic: Lady is in surgery - UPDATE!  (Read 13603 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Lady is in surgery - UPDATE!
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2006, 12:46:39 pm »
I'm glad to see that Lady is home and doing well.  So happy that surgery went well and that her hip x-rays are excellent too.  Get well soon and hoping for a speedier recovery. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2006, 12:52:10 pm »

thank you, Kat!  she's starting to wake up...so i gotta go pupsit. 

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2006, 02:45:59 pm »
The Vet should have given you some pain meds for her in case she is still uncomfortable. At the Vets I used to work at, they would give them pains meds in case they were really hurting. It's true, pain will help to keep them still, but you don't want them hurting too bad. Give her a hug from me.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2006, 01:35:28 am »
The patient is doing well.  Still stoned.  the vet did send home a lot of pain meds.  she is feeling nothing!  but she is a little cranky.  We're taking turns sleeping on the couch with her at least until she doesn't have to wear that stupid cone on her head when alone.  That will be Friday night...her last night with the cone.  :)  Grace is a little confused about what's going on but is accepting it.
LAdy finally ate this morning with the help from a bowl of food mixed with milk.  She's demanding the good stuff and i may pick up some canned food tonight so she'll eat better. she had breakfast on the couch this morning. 
she's a trooper let me tell you!!!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2006, 01:42:30 am »
awwwwwwww, poor baby! I am so glad Lady is home and feeling no pain ... thanks to all the good pain meds! She looks quite content on her new comfy bed! She is well on the road to a full recovery! And that is excellent news about her hips! How are YOU doing, mom?

p.s. I have to admit, I am just a little disappointed about her rum not being shaved... No monkey for Halloween  :)

Lyn

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2006, 01:48:04 am »
Glad to hear Lady is home and pain free. Awesome news on the excellent hips too!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2006, 03:31:45 am »
Sounds like Lady is doing well!  We're still sending positive thoughts your way. :)

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2006, 04:40:29 am »
Sending you & Lady hugs & good wishes for a speedy recovery from Jersey.  I hope you can catch a little rest now that she is home.  I know it was tough at first when our Klondike had his ACL surgery.  First 2 nights we slept downstairs with him.  Get a comfy pillow! 

Anita & the 3 Newfies from NJ

Anakalia

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2006, 04:56:06 am »
I'm glad she's doing well!  Sending tons of positive healing vibes her way!!  OH and she needs Doritos!!! hahahaa

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2006, 08:16:17 am »
I'm glad she's doing well!  Sending tons of positive healing vibes her way!!  OH and she needs Doritos!!! hahahaa
She loves doritos!!!  i'll have to get some on the way home along with everything else on her list.  Milk, canned food, cotton balls, ear warmers, etc.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2006, 08:36:11 am »
I shall let gracie know to activate her wide load coming beeper tonight then.   she tends to just back into people in an effort to get a butt rubb and sometimes that person doesn't see her coming.  i've installed a beeper for when she throws it into reverse.. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 08:38:35 am by lins_saving_grace »

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2006, 06:17:31 am »
I had no idea! First, I am sorry to hear that Lady developed this condition. This happened to Greta, too, and the vet said it was the angle of her bones...she grew long, straight legs and the angle stretched her ACL. Second, may you have strength during her recovery. They need so much babying and it's sad to see Grace be lonely without her sister to play with. Right now, Betti vocalizes her displeasure several times per day, because I've been spending time nursing Greta and Betti is in a separate room. I keep promising her that soon we will do things together, that she will get so much attention. Third, hang in there. They are so lucky to have you. Some people just put their pups to sleep at the first sign of trouble like this. They would never spend the time and money to correct the tear, but we are not those people. Coming from me, first-hand, when Greta wasn't even two years old her hip fractured and it was expensive to have a pin put in it, but the seven plus years we've spent since then have been remarkable and I could not be more satisfied with the decision to fix her up. Her love is worth more than any amount of money. The past decade spent without Greta is unimaginable.

Much love to Lady during this time of healing.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner