Author Topic: Introducing Anna.....  (Read 9204 times)

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
Introducing Anna.....
« on: October 20, 2006, 12:10:45 pm »
Anna Anna Bobanna....Chi quita Anna Banana...Here's ANNA!!

She is AWESOME!!!  They were later arriving than anticipated, so no one was even here when they arrived.  My SIL put Anna downstairs because when Anna saw Sheba the hair on her back rose up, and she was afraid to introduce her to Sheba.  I called home and found out, told her to put the two of them out in the yard together and let them work it out.  They were fine.

I got home about 20 minutes later, had just a few minutes to visit with her before having to zoom her down the vet for her initial appointment.  I was worried about that being her first meeting of me - but she was fine!  Put her in the back of the SUV and she immediately climbed over the back seat and was making her way to the front.  Anyhow  -  she is one smart dog and will be super duper easy to train.  Only took two put backs into the back before she got it - her place is in the back of the SUV.  Even when I was driving, she put one paw up on the back seat and I said "no" ... back she went.  One smart pupper!!!

The kids adore her.  She gives the most amazing kisses and hugs ... and loved her welcome gifts!  We had a new pillow for her, some rawhide, and a squishy squeeky basketball - all of which have been properly drooled over!

Anyhow, here a few pictures - not the greatest because they are with our phone camera but I figured better than nothing!

Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing Anna.....
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 12:11:57 pm »
Great stuff!!!! Congrats..... Anna looks awesome!!

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 12:18:11 pm »
It looks like she's well accustomed to her new pillow. She's so cute!
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline galxe

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 12:19:49 pm »
What's that noise? Yeah, my little heart melting. She is adorable! I want to jump through my monitor and cuddle with her!

Kirsti

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 12:37:23 pm »
She's adorible!!! I can't wait for more pictures! Liz I am with you, Jealous!

~K

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 01:08:38 pm »
OH MY!!  She's so adorable!  Sounds like she's fitting in perfectly.  Congrats, I'm so happy for you!  ;D

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 01:18:20 pm »
Oooooh she is absolutely gorgeous ! I'm so very happy for you !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 01:45:20 pm »
Oh Anna!  Anna is so cute and it looks like she really settled into her new pillow and stuff.  She'll fit in great!  Congrats! :)

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 03:11:49 pm »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAY!!! I'm so happy she is home! She sounds like a sweetheart! What a good girl minding you in the car.  ;D She is absolutely ADORABLE!!! I want to cuddle with her, too!
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Luvmydanes

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 03:24:49 pm »
Anna looks very happy! congrats!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 04:48:54 pm »
Aww...She is adorably cute and looks so happy in her new home.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 05:40:25 pm »
She's beautiful! I'm so glad Anna has found her home with you and that Sheba likes her too. Can't wait to see some pictures of both your girls sometime!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 06:07:43 pm »
Anna is beautiful!  I'm so glad that she made it there and is doing so well.  Congrats on your new addition. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2006, 12:23:41 am »
We had a semi restful night.  We have sleep issues with one of my husband's boys in this house (long story) that result in us not being able to have our door closed at night when he's here.  That didn't work well with having a new pup who we needed to be able to have a in our room (which is where our dogs sleep).  Anyhow, I won sleeping in our room with the dawgs and the closed door. 

Anna paced and panted most of the night, and did pee once.  Must have been during the one hour I slept!  But good girl that she is, she peed on her blanket that the breeder sent (which was quite thick) so none went on the carpet.

Sheba isn't quite up to sharing yet with her.  Anna went to cuddle in with Sheba last night and Sheba got up and moved to the other side of the room!  We'll continue to let them work it out ... there's no aggression that we're seeing on either side ... I think they're both just divas :)

The whole crew (husband, two kids, SIL and two dogs) have all gone for a walk/run this morning.  I'm enjoying my coffee and reflecting on how good my life is today!  Thanks for all the welcome notes for Anna Banana ... I have a sense I'm going to get some good stories out of our newly expanded crew!

And for those who wanted some pictures of Sheba ... here are one or two.  She is an amazing dog too - trained so well that we can take her anywhere, and all she asks in return is lovings.  We love her beyond description!  She's our baby girl :)

This is her with her old buddy Barkley
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2006, 01:03:38 am »
Congratualtion s on the new addition!! She is so beautiful!Maybe we will be able to have our own Nova Scotia big paw get together! I can't wait to see some more pictures of your girls!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey