Author Topic: "Turkey" needs your prayers  (Read 24824 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
"Turkey" needs your prayers
« on: October 20, 2006, 12:25:24 pm »
Turkey was hit by a car this afternoon. :'(

I was out and Will was in the back yard with the dogs. Somehow, they busted through our gate. We think maybe a cat passed by outside of the yard, because our dogs just aren't the escaping type, and nothing like this has ever happened before. Anyhow, 5 of our dogs got out all at once and Will went running out after them. He was able to get everybody back in except Turkey. For some reason she took off down the street. Once he had the other dogs secure, he went running after her but she was too fast and she was heading for the main road. He came back home to get his car but by the time he could catch up to her she had already been hit.

She has a broken femur in her left back leg, and from the look of the first set of ex-rays, her hip is broken and splintered. I am so scared for my baby girl.

Right now Will is driving her to North Carolina, where his dad (a veterinarian) will be doing orthopedic surgery on her tomorrow. We don't know yet how extensive the surgery will have to be... but I saw the ex-rays... and she is in really bad shape. :'(

Please pray for my girl. She is in a lot of pain and she can use all the good energy she can get right now. 
Thank you,
~Rebekah

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
Re: "Turkey" needs your prayers
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 12:27:39 pm »
Oh Rebekah....my heart aches to read this.  I will absolutely keep Turkey in my prayers tonight.  Please keep us updated.
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Kirsti

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 12:32:24 pm »
Oh Rebekah! I'm so sorry for your girl! Mine, and Sammi's thoughts go out to her, and your family!  Hope all gets well soon!
~K

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 12:37:02 pm »
Thanks you guys I am so scared.

The thing I know about Turkey is that she is a fighter. She is a strong strong little girl. I have got to calm down.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 12:57:16 pm »
I am so sorry to hear about Turkey.  We will keep Turkey, Will, You and all of your other babies in our thoughts and prayers tonight.

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 01:07:37 pm »
OMG!!!  Rebekah, I'm so sorry!!  :'(  Sending tons of positive healing vibes coming Turkeys way! 

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 01:21:03 pm »
Oh poor Turkey ! I am praying for her right now !!!  :-[
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 01:46:07 pm »
Oh no.  Poor Turkey!  We're sending all kinds of positive thoughts and prayers for Turkey, you and Will.

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 01:57:40 pm »
Rebekah-
 Cabeza, Mark and I will be praying for Turkey from Indiana! Remember that Turkey is whole, not broken. That's not who she really is!!! She's a whole-souled girl and she's gonna pull through!
 You and Will and all the rest of the pack keep focusing on that, and you're going to pull through, too.

Warmest thoughts and prayers, Rebekah. Calm down and take care of yourself.

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 03:04:46 pm »
I'm so sorry Rebekah, I know Turkey will pull through. I'm sending prayers and healing thoughts. You know Turkey is in the best of hands. We are all here for you :-*
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 03:12:50 pm »
Oh, I'm just sooo very sorry, Rebekah. I really am.  :'( I know I can't say anything to make you feel better, but I am thinking of turkey and you guys. I will keep you all in my prayers. Please let us know how she is doing by tomorrow.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • When There's A Will, There's A Way
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 03:13:48 pm »
Awww, how sad :(  My thoughts and prayers are with you and Turkey.  How wonderful your DH's dad is a vet!  Turkey looks pretty young, so at least age is on her side.

Emily and the gang

Luvmydanes

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 03:23:51 pm »
I will pray for Turkey to have a fast recovery. Please keep us posted.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 05:40:49 pm »
I have a late-night update on miss Turkey, and it's good! :) Will and Turkey made it safely to North Carolina, and Will's dad was able to have a look at the ex-rays and examine my girl. She will be able to have her surgery tomorrow. He thinks that it will take 5 weeks for her pelvis to heal, and about 2 months for her leg to heal. It's going to be a process, but he thinks she is gonna be fine and she will be able to walk again!!!!!!! I am so thankful.

For now she is tucked in for the night, and she's taking medicine for the pain. Will said that she is doing fine. He is going to visit with her in the morning and give her a blanket that I sent along with her so that she can feel a little bit like she's home. Then he's going to come back here, and Turkey will stay in NC to recover for about a week. Then home!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for keeping her in mind, I am sure that all the positive thoughts she has been getting from everyone is really helping her. I don't know how I would have made it through tonight without everyone's kind words and prayers. Thank you all so much. :-*

I will defintely be updating tomorrow after Turkey's surgery!

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 05:42:40 pm »
Oh, that is such good news! I hope the surgery goes well and that she isn't in too much pain afterwards. Will she have to do some kind of therapy or anything to get the leg functioning after the surgery?
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."