Author Topic: Newbie - Anatolian Lover since 1987  (Read 2801 times)

Offline Alaturka

• Gnawer
  • Alaturka's Ayda Yilda Bir - 4th Generation Bred-By
    • View Profile
    • Alaturka Anatolians
Newbie - Anatolian Lover since 1987
« on: June 24, 2005, 05:18:32 pm »
Hi guys .. this is my first regular post to this board ... I am a owner/handler/breeder/lover of Anatolian Shepherd Dogs .. A very ancient Flock Guardian (NOT A HERDING DOG!) that has been around for about 6,000 years ... so they pretty much have their job down pat!!

My dogs are part working dogs, part show dogs, and part companion dogs.  I have one therapy dog that works with kids.  He is a three time finished Champion, completed his Canine Good Citizen test three times perfectly (we did the extra two just for fun)!!  My foundation bitch has also completed her CGC and is a Multiple BEST IN SHOW Champion.  She has produced BEST IN SHOW dogs, multiple Group winners and TOP ten Showdogs!  Her granddaughter is currently the 2004 #3 AKC bitch.  And, we will soon start showing some of her great granddaughters ... All of my personal show dogs have finished AKC Championships from the Bred-By classes and we hope to carry on this tradition with the next generation.

When I am not doing dogs ... I work at a Vet Med Teaching Hospital in the Pathobiology Dept and I take advantage of the free collage classes we are allowed, in order to learn as much as possible about canine genetics; canine reproduction; and canine nutrition as I can.

I look forward to a rewarding interaction with others on this list.

Alaturka
Alaturka Kennel Established 1987
Other breeds touch your heart!
Anatolians touch your soul!!!

Offline Jason

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie - Anatolian Lover since 1987
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 06:51:48 pm »
Welcome aboard Alaturka. BPO is a great place to hang out with other dog lovers. It sounds like you have pretty much dedicated your life to dogs. We like people with that type of dedication and passion for our canine friends.

So can you tell us more about the Anatolian Shephard? There is a little bit of info in the BigPawPedia, but I think it conflicts with your description a bit.

Jason

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 10:55:17 pm »
I have a gaurdian also....Herder???..I hear it quite alot...I DON'T THINK SO!!!! ;D...Welcome to the pack! ;D

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 03:15:14 pm »
The information gathered on the PawPedia is what was found via the internet and is always up for change and revision, additions when needed. That is what allows it to be so accurate. I too, along with Jason, would love to know more about this giant breed.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.