Author Topic: Water burp/barf  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Water burp/barf
« on: October 24, 2006, 11:47:17 am »
Mack will sometimes drink and drink and drink...then walk away and have a HUUUUGE burp(lol he sounds like a man!!) and all his water comes gushing out!! he always looks so embarassed!!

why does this happen? does anyones else's dog do this?
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Water burp/barf
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 11:53:39 am »
LOL - Ranger did this just the other day, right in front of my mom, who was visiting.  She had just got done petting him and telling him what a lovely boy he is, when he pulled away and started scratching an itch on his side.  He then scratched the itch all the way down to his belly so he ended up all bent in half - which apparently compacted things enough that he felt the need to hork up about 2 cups of water onto the floor.  He is charming.
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 01:32:29 am »
Lola does that too and it's gross, expecially when you step it. LOL

She's the only dog I've ever witnessed vomit water and then go back and drink more, vomit more water and repeat until the bowl is empty.  ::)

In her case it's no doubt from drinking too fast. I don't know if she was with-held water previously or what. But she drinks like it's her last drink. There's nothing medically wrong with her.. my vet said it's behavioural. I still can't get her to leave any water in her bowl, so I've resorted to giving her a drink every hour or 2. I'm hoping she will outgrow it.

She does it with her food too. But that was easily solved with a large rubber ball in her food dish.

angelsmama

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 09:08:49 am »
eww yeah angels done that before. dotty did once or twice