Siberian Huskies > Siberian Husky Discussions

Another Sibe in the bunch

<< < (3/3)

mastiffmommy:
Welcome to the two newest huskies. They look happy in their harnesses. my Zeus who is a rescue has turned into a "cool air steeler" he places himself over the vents and no way to try and push him away. We live in Charlotte NC though, so who can blame him.

Marit

pastrygirl23:
Hi! We did clicker training with Alaska, what worked for us, (and we are still working on it) I went to home depot, and bought some rope (100ft) and tied large knots in it, and put a hook on the end. We hook her up to this and go to a large baseball field near our house,  we let her run, and we work on comming when called etc. you still have control, so they don't run into the street (that is what the knots in the rope are for) she has made excellent progress, but as you may know most sibes can never be off leash dogs. (prey drive, car smarts etc) With click training you have to time the click just at the right time, and make sure to TREAT! (hot dog weenies or cheese work wonders with Alaska) Then the dog associates the click with the treat, and they get the click when they do something good. So there for they put 2 and 2 together, and realize they do something good they get a treat! You can slowly get them off of the treats, so you don't have to carry a clicker with you the rest of your life, and they will work for praise too. Make sure that you PRAISE them also. That is very important. Clicker training did work for us to a certain extent. I can't say that it will work for everyone. Make sure that you treat and praise, and you will get good results hopefully!

siberescuegirl:
They look like they LOVE  playing together! :D

Perdi's Mom:
I am a husky lover too!  Yours are very pretty!   

Unfortunately ours has been missing for over 2 months.  We went on vacation and she went missing 2 days later.   My poor friend who takes Excellent care of all my animals, is as distraught as I am over it all.  We truely think that someone took her (or my theory, that the neighbors did something to her).  We have searched on horseback all over the woods near us, put out notices in the paper every other week and check the pound weekly as well as calling twice a week....it's maddening really.  She was a mix, but was 'husky' attitude/personality through and through....we went through a lot with her and she was on meds for hip dysplasia, arthritis and had a torn cruciate ligament in her knee.  I just hope whoever has her is responsible enough to take proper care of her.... :'(  The following pic was taken right before we left for vacation.

ZooCrew:
Oh, that's so sad.  I hope where ever she is, she is happy.

She looks alot like my Keiko.  Beautiful dog.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version