Author Topic: Newfie breeders  (Read 4699 times)

Offline kenthunder2

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Newfie breeders
« on: October 24, 2006, 11:15:06 pm »
Although not ready yet, I am anticipating another Newf in the not too distant future. I'm wondering if there are major differences between the large, nationally known breeders and the smaller breeders. I got Thunder from a rather small but wonderful breeder. I was very happy with her and Thunder was a once in a lifetime friend. I don't think she's still breeding... can't get in touch with her.
I'm in upstate N.Y. and heard there is a great breeder in Pa. Does anyone have any input for me?
Thanks for the help.
Kent

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Newfie breeders
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 11:27:45 pm »
awww.. bummER!  you know, my breeders, great people, stopped breeding too.. well to my knowledge anyways.. it was personal reasons... i did hear that there was a breeder right near bucks county pa... i'll have to see if i can do any research.. it's tough cause you always want to make sure that, A. its a reputible breeder (don't mistreat or overbreed the dogs), B. that they correctly test and take all necessary precautions, and C. (i think most important) that they care about the doG! and will talk and help you through any problems that arise! 

« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 06:09:27 am by Fumble »
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline kenthunder2

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 12:23:44 am »
Thanks for the help. Really appreciate it!! As you say, its tough looking at a list of breeders. Without visiting, you're not sure what you're getting. Just thought if someone could suggest a great breeder, it would be helpful.
Thanks again. I will keep in touch.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 06:08:57 am »
oh okay... sorry i edited the message
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 10:34:29 am »
ooh haha! i wasn't sure!!  oh well!  it's easy enough to look it up in a search engine! 

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 02:22:51 am »
Hello Kenthunder,

I noticed you had asked me a question yesterday about our Newfie breeder since we have three of them.  I can't find where your question was posted so I noticed you also had posted this question here, so I thought I would reply.  I don't know how to e-mail you the info. directly about our breeder and I know you can't mention the details here on BPO, so contact me and I can e-mail you directly.

Thanks,
Anita & the 3 Newfies from NJ

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 07:31:09 am »
Anita - I LOVE the new avatar sweetie. My goodness, they are a handsome bunch of fluff!!!!
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA