Author Topic: Just wanted to say Hi  (Read 8420 times)

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Just wanted to say Hi
« on: October 29, 2006, 07:45:18 am »
Not sure if I'm doing this at all right, but I just wanted to say Hi to everyone, I was just told about this forum today, and it seems to be right up my alley. I am a SAHM with 2 sm children 5(Jun) and 3(Jan). We share our home with a senior Walkerhound x 13(Dec) and a English Mastiff 5(Jan) as well as 2 crazy Siamese. I will be nice to be able to share with others about cleaning slingers off the ceiling and know what I'm talking about ;D I have been involved with animals for the past 12yrs in alot of different areas, greatest challenge was animal cruelty agent/supervisor and rescue work but also very rewarding. well thats alittle about me cannot wait to do some more reading on the other posts.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 08:35:24 am by LibbyP »
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Just wanted to say Hi
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 07:50:10 am »
Welcome to the group!  It sounds like you have found your home (within your home  ;)).  We're all crazy about our four legged pals and can't wait for you to post some pictures of your pack!

I have two Newfoundlands, Cowboy, a four year old black and white (Landseer) and Chester, an 18 month old brown.  We also have three cats and four pretty much grown kids (and a son-in-law-to-be  ;D)

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 07:59:40 am »
I'd love to post some pics but to be honest I am not that computer savvy, but I'll try. Thank you for the warm welcome, this is awesome others just like me, friends and family think we are just weird for having such big girl, with all that drool :o, oh well it's my drool and we love her
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 08:38:33 am »

Check out this thread for picture help.  Heather (Shangrila) put together some REALLY helpful and easy to follow directions:

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,12020.0.html

Hope to see pics of your pups soon, and again, welcome!  ;D

Thank you so much, here's another(I hope)

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 09:09:54 am »
Hi Libby....welco me!  Your pups are beautiful! What a sweet picture.  I'm waiting for that kind of tranquility here in my house!!! :)

My name is Sandy, and we share our home with Sheba, who is a 4 year old rottie/lab mix and most recently also with Anna (Banana), a 10 month old Landseer Newf.  We share our hearts with Barkley (thus my user name) who was our first Landseer Newf and who lost his battle to cancer this past May.  Oh yeah - there are a couple of kids without fur (but still have some drool) here every second weekend courtesy of the top dawg in the house, my awesome husband, Doug.  Welcome!!!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 10:02:21 am »
Welcome to BPO! Love the pics of your pups "spooning"  :D
I am mandy, mom to 15 month old Bear -- newf/cane corso

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 12:59:56 pm »
Welcome to one of the greatest sites ever. I guess I am just lucky, my crew doesnt drool and slobber as much as some, but 3 of them are hairy beast ( The Pyrs) and so I am constantly vaccuming and loosing the battle to the hair monster. I am Paige and in addition to the Avatar, there are 2 more Danes in the house and another Pyr.  I am trying my darndest to get them all in one pic...

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 02:14:38 pm »
Welcome to BPO! You will love it here! Your pups are adorable - especially that pic of them cuddling together :)
RIP former BPO

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 03:38:18 pm »
Hi and welcome to BPO!  You'll love it here!  I'm Jessica and am owned by two newfie girls, Sasha (almost 2) and Bella (almost 1).  I can certainly understand about the drool!  ::)  Your puppers are beautiful!  I love that second photo! :)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 04:04:05 pm »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Your pics of your pups are very cute! I have 3 dogs Freya is shiloh shep-Milo AS Terrier and Bryce English mastiff Brindle he just turned 1 and he is alot of fun! Hope to see many more pics of your crew! WELCOME Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 04:41:36 pm »
Welcome to Big Paws, Libby! Your pups are adorable! I just want to give your Mastiff a big old hug! I'm Marissa, mom to Zoey an Alaskan Malamute and Dolly a Saint Bernard. Can't wait to learn more about you and your puppers!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 05:32:48 pm »
Hello and welcome!  Hope you enjoy it here.

My name is Chris, and my family consists of Keiko, an 8 yr old husky/shep mix, Gunther, a 23 mo old great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two 11 mo old rat terriers.

Okay, I have to ask b/c I am abbreviation illiterate.... ....what does SAHM stand for?  I've been trying to figure it out and can't come up with anything that makes sense.  :-[

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 08:47:59 am »
Hi and welcome. Great pic of your two. I'm Jennifer. I have two saints, Bear & Nakita.  Preachin' to the choir re slinger.  ;)
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

Kirsti

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 08:57:42 am »
Wlcome! You furkids are soo cute, I love the cuddling picture...

I'm Kirsti, and my girl Sammi is in the pic. I can't wait to see more pictures!

~K

Offline DoberBaby17

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 08:59:20 am »
Slingers off the ceiling...haha! I love the cute and funny phrases we have for what our dogs do! I've never heard that. And I thought "counter-surfing" was funny, that's a riot!

I'm Stacy, mother-to-be of a Doberman puppy, Boston. He was born Sept 17, and I finally get to bring him home on Nov 19. I'm so excited!
Stacy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."