Author Topic: I'm new  (Read 5418 times)

Offline MyMelody

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
I'm new
« on: October 30, 2006, 12:12:36 pm »
Hello Everyone,
My name is Dawn, and my Great Dane's name is Melody.  She is my first "giant breed" so I'm looking forward to lots of advice!!!  I hope to make some friends...

mjjensen

Re: I'm new
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 12:46:39 pm »
  Hi Dawn and Melody,
  Welcome to BPO. I'm Michael and dad to Sam and Max who are Newf/Pyr mixes and Duncan who a Newf. Everyone here loves pictures. I'm looking forward to seeing some of Melody. There's a thread that explains how to post pictures if you run into problems.

Offline MyMelody

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 01:26:30 pm »
Thank You for the welcome...I'll have to get some pictures selected and see if I can manage to get them posted...LOL.. I'm not very good with some computer stuff  :-\

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 01:35:32 pm »
Well I think that you should at least tell us what color your Dane is! ;)

I am Rebekah and I have two Danes (among other dogs running around my house). One of my favorite things about Danes is all the colors they come in. How fun is that! :D They are all such different looks. I have a blue cropped male and a mismarked fawn-harlequin (fawnequin) natural-eared female. Both are rescues. They hardly look like the same breed of dog. But they act exactly the same! Like giant clowns!

Welcome! :D

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 02:16:09 pm »
Welcome to BPO.  I'm Kat and I have small dogs compared to some of these guys.  My pups are two female Belgian Malinois and one male malinois/ridgeback mix.  I can't wait to see pictures of Melody.  I love her name.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 02:38:23 pm »
Welcome to BPO!  I'm Jessica and am owned by two newfie girls, Sasha and Bella.  You'll love it here! :)

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 02:39:08 pm »
Hello and Welcome, I'm a newbie as well ;D hope you find the forum as awesome and as informative as I am.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 02:49:28 pm »
Hi and welcome to both you and Melody! Yes, we need to know all we can about your Dane girl! I'm Marissa, mom to Zoey an Alaskan Malamute and Dolly a Saint Bernard.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

chaosndestruction

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 07:04:42 pm »
Hi i'm Bri, momma of Keela a 7 month Husky/malamute/German Shepard mix.

Can't wait to see pics of Melody!

Offline TheUnSaintlySaintClan

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 05:46:16 am »
Welcome! Glad you found us.

My family currently owns 2 Saints - Simon, 18 months and Heidi, 8 months. We are waiting for our third, Nicholas, who is right now 6 weeks.

Please post some pics!!! We love to see our silly babies!
"No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich." ––Louis Sabin

Kirsti

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 06:11:18 am »
WELCOME! ooh, Danes are soo cute! Pics would also be nice... we all love pics. I'm Kirsti, mommy to Sammi.

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 08:25:17 am »
Hi  ;D  Im Lacy and Im owned by a 2yr old German Shepard mix named Gus and a 9 week old pit mix named Nova. This is a great site, any question you have about dog can be answered right here! Enjoy and cant wait to see pics of Melody!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 04:53:19 pm »
Hello and welcome!  Hope you enjoy it here as much as the rest of us do.

My name is Chris, and I am currently owned by Keiko, a husky/shep mix, Gunther a great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two rat terriers.