Author Topic: fumble made a new friend!!  (Read 3645 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
fumble made a new friend!!
« on: November 01, 2006, 11:08:24 am »
OMG!  i took personal time this afternoon cause my grandma's car broke down and i had to take her to go get it fixed and then go pick up arielle, her shih tzu from the groomer!  sooo.. i was so excited about it though cause it was so nice today that i was able to take fumble for a walk on the beach.. well we were walking back to the car and then i saw this black ball of fur 100 yards away... i said, "oh it looks like it" oh it was a newfie!!  :)  she was 9 years old, "daisY" and she wanted NOTHING to do with my little ball of energy fumble! lol! oh but she was soo sweet! it was funny cause her mom, lisa said that she always gussys up to the old people cause she wants to go home with them! lol! she's got two young kids and they are all over daisy and i guess shes just super nonchalant... ooh but she looked good for 9!!  i couldn't believe it!!!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
Re: fumble made a new friend!!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 07:56:13 am »
Hey you left out that it was a newf in the email.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 08:33:56 am »
I bet Fumble thought she was playing hard to get ! LOL I've only ever seen one other newfie , I was driving down the road and some teenage guy was walking the dog , he saw me staring and slowing down and kind of got this " oooh someone's checking me out " look on his face LOL He had a very confused look on his face when I rolled down my window and yelled " NICE DOG !!! " LMAO  ;D
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 12:03:38 pm »
I bet Fumble thought she was playing hard to get ! LOL I've only ever seen one other newfie , I was driving down the road and some teenage guy was walking the dog , he saw me staring and slowing down and kind of got this " oooh someone's checking me out " look on his face LOL He had a very confused look on his face when I rolled down my window and yelled " NICE DOG !!! " LMAO  ;D

OMG! we did the same thing!  there was a young couple with two newfies and we pulled over and started talking to them, but they were soo creeped out at firsT! this family of 4 pulling ovER! it was before fumble was born too, so we didn't even have him with us!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 12:07:08 pm »

OMG! we did the same thing!  there was a young couple with two newfies and we pulled over and started talking to them, but they were soo creeped out at firsT! this family of 4 pulling ovER! it was before fumble was born too, so we didn't even have him with us!

LMAO Us newfie crazy people can come off as a little bit scarey I guess ! ;D
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 12:36:30 pm »
HA! I do it with ALL big paws! A few months ago, I saw a guy with a Leonberger puppy in the parking lot at Petsmart. I literally RAN over to him and was like, "OH MY GOD! ITS A LEO! HE'S REALLY BEAUTIFUL CAN I PET HIM!!!!"

hahaha! The guy was pretty tolerant, but after a minute, he was like, "Um, well, he has obedience in a minute, um..nice meeting you." I'm sure he thought I was a big dork.