Author Topic: What does your BPO do on a car ride?  (Read 6952 times)

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: What does your BPO do on a car ride?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 03:47:23 am »
Darmok gets upset if she CAN'T go.
We took her on a 2000-mile vacation this past spring through Alabama, Georgia, the Carolinas, West Virginia, etc, and she LOVED it!  She gets comfy in the middle seat (my son likes the rear seat) and stretches out so that front toenails are against the passenger side door, and back toenails are against the drivers' side door, and sleeps until we stop for a potty break.  She loves to travel, whether it's across the country or across the street
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 05:17:32 am »
I have a T100 truck so the dogs get the back seat.

Cinder will lay down after looking out the window for a little bit or she'll just sit there and look out the window.

Kaila likes to look out all the windows hence the nose prints on all the windows.  She'll also stick her head between the driver's window and me so she can see what's happening up front and her favorite place is to hang over the front seat where the A/C will hit her in the face.  She has her back legs on the back seat and front legs hanging over the front seat while her fat head blocks the rear view mirror.

Shiner doesn't like rides.  He will lay down and pant and get really upset. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 05:41:56 am »
Kali gets sooooo mad if you go anywhere without her. She follows us as we're getting ready but as soon as we pick up the purses she goes crazy running back and forth between you and the door and headbutting out purses.  She always beats you to the car and stares either at the door or the back hatch for you to let her in.

We have a PT Cruiser so we always either have the larger portion of the backseat down or out of the car. She loves sticking her head out the window even if it's below freezing outside  ::).  And yes we let her have her window even though we freeze.  She'll poke her head between the front seats and stare at the window controls until we put the window down. 

On long car rides she'll alternate between sitting on top of the person in the back, resting her head near you or have her head out the window.  She'll also sleep with her head on the arm rests of the front seats.

Lacey on the other hand goes crazy in the car.  She tries to herd anything and everything outside of the car and tears around the back like a maniac.  So we usually don't take her alot with us because she gets to be so annoying.  plus we worry about her hurting herself.

here's some of Kali's carride pics:

Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 06:38:47 am »
My zoo loves to go places. It doesn't matter where, they love to go. Hubby went out and bought a canopy for our pickup, beacuse he felt it was unfair that only one or two got to go at a time. So now everyone fits, with room for friends! I used to have a Suzuki XL-7 that everyone *somewhat* fit in, (two stood while one had to lay down) but Hubby bought me my dream-car last month (Jeep Wrangler) so now if they righe with me, it can only be two at a time, and we're working on being seatbelted in. (Apollo *detests* being constrained, but that's the rule, so everyone has to abide by it!)

Onyx is a total rag-top dog. The most hysterical thing in our lives was driving up to a traffic light with the top down and Onyx taking up the *ENTIRE* back of the Jeep, and seeing people's faces around us. Onyx loves the jeep the most...Mom plays better music, and runs more errands, which means he gets more treats from people spoiling him rotten!!
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 07:05:58 am »
Navarre loved car rides!  He also took up the whole back seat.  He would sit up at first and then would lay down for the rest of the ride, he was a good travel companion!

Daphne also loves to ride, she sits up more though, she likes to look where we're going.  She'll sit in the middle of the back seat and look out the front window!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 07:37:56 am »
Harley rides in the back of our Caliber, and she has her head out the back window.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 07:49:10 am »
Bear loves car rides! Especially cruising in Chris' little prelude. She is able to sit in the back seat and put her head out of his sunroof  8) She makes everyone laughs that sees her.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 09:34:03 am »
ooh i can't believe i'm at work right now and don't have access to all my fumble car pictures! fumble LOVES the car, and just recently started sticking his head out!  i have to admit it is so funny to see him sticking his head out and jowls flying in the air!! oh it just brightens my day! then he'll usually put his head on the center console thingie! esp if it's along ridE! oh how he loves the car though.  i usually leave my keys in the door and jingles them when he wants to go for a ridE! he's so smarT! :)
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2006, 02:45:44 pm »
Zoey will stand and watch the windows most of the time and then when she gets bored she will lay down.
RIP former BPO