Author Topic: Bella peed on my bed!  (Read 6678 times)

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Bella peed on my bed!
« on: November 02, 2006, 05:07:53 pm »
What is she trying to tell me? ???  I know that at the time, I was on the computer and she had come in there a couple of times with some toys.  Was she mad because she wanted attention, or something else??
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Bella peed on my bed!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 05:18:56 pm »
I think maybe she was claiming the bed as hers but also maybe she had to go outside? but Gweck used to do this thing where we got him a new dog bed and he'd pee on it once and never again.  I think it's a claiming thing.  Good Luck!!!

Julie

Yes, out of the entire bed, she peed exactly on the spot where I sleep.  Not where she usually sleeps, but on MY spot. ::)

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 05:31:43 pm »
OH NO!!  Yeah it kinda sounds like she's marking or maybe showing dominance?  Is she a dominant dog?  I'm not an expert on behavior, I'm just thinking out loud. lol  You could also check with the vet to rule out a UTI.  Good luck, hopefully it won't happen again.

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 05:56:58 pm »
OH NO!!  Yeah it kinda sounds like she's marking or maybe showing dominance?  Is she a dominant dog?  I'm not an expert on behavior, I'm just thinking out loud. lol  You could also check with the vet to rule out a UTI.  Good luck, hopefully it won't happen again.

Yes, she is dominant.  I knew that by the time she was 2 months old! :D  So, should I go pee on her bed to get her back?  :D HA!  Just joking!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 02:38:45 am »
I think maybe she was claiming the bed as hers but also maybe she had to go outside? but Gweck used to do this thing where we got him a new dog bed and he'd pee on it once and never again.  I think it's a claiming thing.  Good Luck!!!

Julie
It's funny but I was going to ask people about this. Lily had her dog bed for almost 2 months and didn't do anything with it until 4 days ago. We were playing and all the sudden she jumped on it and peed! I was shocked. I washed the cover, dryed it and put it back the next day. She was waching me putting it on and... 30 seconds later she peed on it again? How weird is this?
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 06:38:56 am »

Julie

It's funny but I was going to ask people about this. Lily had her dog bed for almost 2 months and didn't do anything with it until 4 days ago. We were playing and all the sudden she jumped on it and peed! I was shocked. I washed the cover, dryed it and put it back the next day. She was waching me putting it on and... 30 seconds later she peed on it again? How weird is this?

It does sound like she is claiming it.  Well, Bella doesn't need to claim MY side of the bed, because I'll never give it up! :D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 06:39:38 am by Bella's mom »

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 07:03:11 am »
I had dogs that would do stuff like that when they were mad.  Not pee on their stuff, but on mine.  I would go out of town overnight and it was like they knew when I was coming home because they would have used the bathroom all over the bedroom!  And the person who was letting them out for me would say "nothing was there this morning" and they never did anything like that when I was home!

Cats do that all the time if they're mad!

I've never had a dog blatantly pee on their own dog bed though, I don't get that!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 07:06:12 am »

Julie

It does sound like she is claiming it.  Well, Bella doesn't need to claim MY side of the bed, because I'll never give it up! :D

So what should I do? Stop washing it? Why would she claim it? She is the only pet in the house and it's obvious that she has more stuff then I do... lol
Mary W. Crane

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 07:07:53 am »
Oh no, that's the worst!  McDougal used to do it quite often, especially if we changed the bed.  Yup, nothing like getting nice new sheets and a clean comforter and coming in two minutes later to find everything covered in pee!  He alsop did this to down comforters.  I think it was either b/c we told him to get off the bed so we could change it, so he was mad, or to get his scent on it.
I know for sure though that when McDougal is mad he does pee as revenge-on my husband's pillow!  We've gone through three, always after McDougal got in trouble or didn't get to do something!
On the plus side, he seems to have grown out of it (at almost 7 y/o)!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 07:17:27 am »
Oh no, that's the worst!  McDougal used to do it quite often, especially if we changed the bed.  Yup, nothing like getting nice new sheets and a clean comforter and coming in two minutes later to find everything covered in pee!  He alsop did this to down comforters.  I think it was either b/c we told him to get off the bed so we could change it, so he was mad, or to get his scent on it.
I know for sure though that when McDougal is mad he does pee as revenge-on my husband's pillow!  We've gone through three, always after McDougal got in trouble or didn't get to do something!
On the plus side, he seems to have grown out of it (at almost 7 y/o)!
Oh, gosh! Now that you have mentioned changing sheets I realized that the first time she peed on her bad is after I washed her bed cover for the first time! Maybe she didn't like the detergent? LOL
Mary W. Crane

Kirsti

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 07:24:45 am »
Hahaa, animals are crazy!... Sammi has never done anything like that... but I did notice when I took her home from the pound that she wasn't potty trained (that really bothered me...she was at least 5 years old and never let in a house before or trained) She's gotten much better sence then... but my cat, I swear she's schizophrenic! when she was aloud in the house (before I was alleregic to her...) she would purr one minite and then next attack me.. I have many scars from her doing that  :-\... then one day, we decided to move the litterbox in the garage cuz we got another cat.. my cat was soo mad she totaly peed on my bed... she got kicked outa the house for a few days.. haahaa.. anyway, I'm not sure why they do that... they are just crayz!

~K ;D

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 07:44:49 am »
I had dogs that would do stuff like that when they were mad.  Not pee on their stuff, but on mine.  I would go out of town overnight and it was like they knew when I was coming home because they would have used the bathroom all over the bedroom!  And the person who was letting them out for me would say "nothing was there this morning" and they never did anything like that when I was home!

I've never had a dog blatantly pee on their own dog bed though, I don't get that!!
I also thought that Bella did it because she was mad that I was not paying attention to her.  As a puppy, Bella only pooped in the house once.  She was mad because I had scolded her about something.  She looked right at me and pooped!  I put her outside immediately, and cleaned up the mess.  When she came back in, she proceeded to complete her business.  She had saved poop just to get her point across! :o

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 07:53:31 am »

I don't get it either! She never pees in the bedroom, NEVER! She is not 100% housebroken yet but the bedroom is the only place she will never pee in. She sleeps in the bedroom on the floor. But her bed is in the living room. She only uses it for relaxation and ... potty as of 4 day ago!
Mary W. Crane

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 06:14:15 am »
Only 2 have mine have done that they are letting you know that it is there bed. What i ended up doing was gating that room off unless i was in there. I was lucky i have a pillowtop mattress and my mattress pad is so thick it never went through. When i got Bryce milo peed so Bryce would know it was his bed thank you milo so Bryce did the same thing now they both sleep on it silly pee dogs.Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Anakalia

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 06:50:03 am »
Koby's never peed on my bed, but when we first brought him home he slept with us at nights.  He started becoming unruly and just a huge jerk. lol  He was about 8 mo. old at the time and he thought he had to be "top dog".  So we made this rule now that he's not allowed on our bed or funiture and it's worked out great!  He has his stinky couch and twin size bed but he knows our stuff is off limits.  I know everybody's different, some like their dogs to sleep on the bed some don't, I'm just telling you what works for us.  Good luck hopefully it was just a one time thing!