Author Topic: Jabear Bear trap  (Read 12689 times)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Jabear Bear trap
« on: June 27, 2005, 06:57:25 am »
Just thought you might like to see just how bad our Bear problem is here in Northern Ontario. The Ministry Of Naturel Resorces brought this bear trap and set it up just around the corner from my house. I havent seen the bears yet but appparently there is a Momma and her cub roaming around. She has been in everyones garbage except mine. Ive been making sure Judge stays in cause the last thing I need is to call the MNR to come let my big dork out of thier bear trap. Knowing Judge he would go right in there too. LOL
Ill try to get a picture if they catch her.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Jabear Bear trap
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 06:59:48 am »
This picture was taken from my front step.
coonie

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 06:46:26 pm »
Oh! That is the saddest thing ever. I realize it must be irritating as can be with them getting into your trash cans, but the poor bears. I should go up there and bring them home with me. That would be awesome and would help you out Coonie.  ;) Thanks for the pictures though, you are so sweet to remember how obsessed I am with those 4 legged furry animals.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 08:31:58 pm »
I can't see the photos of the bear trap and I really want to.  What's up?
Peggy

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 09:02:57 pm »
Jaba
They just trap them and relocate them to somewere far from town. They dont hurt them at all. A couple of years ago when our neighbour called to get the MNR to set up a trap they told him he would have to pay 300.00 for it. He told them he had a .40 cent bullet that would take care of the bear and they brought the trap right over. Didnt charge anyone. Its really bad that you have to threaten to kill the poor things to get our Natural Resorses to come in and do thier job. I guess its cause of all the government cut backs. No bears in the city so they figure its not a problem. No problem , no money. Same old Same old.
Glad you liked the pictures. Hope I can get a picture if they get caught.

pndlake
Wonder why you cant see the pictures???? I cant see some pics on some post too. ???
Coonie

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 09:47:51 pm »
I am so glad to hear that Coonie. If they even hurt the bears I'd be all over it. Relocating- don't they remember how to get to the place they were at though, thus recreating what just happened?
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 09:49:52 pm »
OK Coonie, now it is coming up.  What pretty country you live in.  What do they bait it with, things in garbage cans?  Will you hear him go in because I bet the bear will make a huge ruckus when he realizes he is trapped.  Very interesting.  Peggy
Peggy

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 10:29:51 pm »
Jabear
RELOCATE?? Yah they usually do come right back. Doesnt make much sence does it? Im wondering if this Momma is the same one they caught 2 years ago. She may have brought her baby back cause she knows our garbage is good?? Who knows?
pndlake
I know hunters bait with dohnuts. :-X Sorry Jaba I know that made you cringe.  Im not sure what the MNR uses. I laughed when you said garbage.  ;D That would likely work the best. Now I really want to get a picture if they catch her.
Coonie

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 10:56:14 pm »
Poor bears, they just want a little snack lol..... But as long as they dont get hurt in the process I guess it is something that just has to be done. And I agree with pndlake, a very pretty country, looks just like sweden  ;) is that birch trees you have there? If so lucky you, here you dont see them and we have plenty of them in sw and i think the tree I miss, okay now I sound like a dork or a tree hugger or someting hehe

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005, 06:02:20 am »
mastiffmommy
TY very much. Yes that is a birch tree. You dont sound at all like a dork. Like I told you before my sister lives in NC and her boyfriend had never seen  birch tree untill he came here. Last year we made him a birch tree bench. We are no carpenters but I must say we did a very fine job.  ;)
Ill have to see if I have a picture to show you guys.
Here is another picture I took last night of the sun set. It isnt to amazing but the scenery is nice.
Coonie

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 11:37:21 pm »
They caught the bear. 1 of them. It was the Momma and apparently the Poppa was trying to get her out and just about tipped the trap over. My neighbor has pictures and Ill try to get them posted. Poppa is said to be a VERY BIG BEAR. He looks to be about 500 lbs. Thats BIG for our black bears. There are supposed to be 5 of them roamming around and its garbage night so hopefully they get the others as well. I feel sad that the pore baby is out there all alone and Poppa is alone too. :'(  :'(  :'(  Ill keep my ears open for tonight and my camera ready.
Coonie

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 11:46:48 pm »
Oh Coonie, that is sad for the baby and daddy.  Will they hold her until they can get the baby and reunite them?  Do they have facilities to do that? ??? Keep us posted.

Peggy
Peggy

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005, 11:56:55 pm »
Poor bear family. The daddy has to be heart broken without his wife by his side. I am sad now and I hate the trapper people. Just let the bears be...let them be people!
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 12:05:33 am »
Coonie, it looks a lot like sweden from what I have seen on pics from you, so of course I think they are extremely pretty  ;) Birch is my fav tree, we have two different kinds one that is like hmmm regular I guess youd say, and another kind where the branches kinda hangs down, have no idea what the english words would be for the two different kinds though.

Jaba..... I feel the same, now I am a sad Marit, cant stop thinking about the poor baby, and how sad to think about the feelings the daddy must have had when he tried to free his wife, and then just had to see her go. I think I am up for a cry here. Please let them find the two and make the family whole again.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 09:55:31 am »
I know , it is so sad. They caught another one last night but Im not sure if it was the Daddy. Ill go out later and talk to Mr. Alen He lives right across the street for the trap.Ill get those pictures to if I can.
Coonie