Author Topic: hate to be dumb but..........  (Read 3637 times)

Offline Thelma

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
hate to be dumb but..........
« on: November 04, 2006, 09:36:21 am »
Hubby and I were talking about the Secret Santa and since this is our first year, we aren't sure how it works...when it starts?
I already signed us up but whats next and when.  Thanks!!
~Thelma & Karl~
~Duke~Zoe~Toby~Spencer

~Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body..but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out ....shouting.. . WOW!
What a Ride!!!~

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: hate to be dumb but..........
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 09:46:19 am »
First of all, there is no such think as a dumb question!

Here's how it works: In a few weeks (I think around November 20th) Jaime (jabear) will PM you with a name and address of another member participating in the secret santa. Then, you will buy a present for their pups (don't spend more than $20).  You will mail it to them by december 9th. You can put your return address on it, but don't put your name on it (it's a secret ;) ). You will recieve a package in the mail from another secret member and you wont open it until christmas or the secret santa chat. There will be a chat where everyone gathers to open presents at the same time, or you can post about it on the board (with pics of the pups prefferably ;) ) and then your secret santa will reveal themselves and you can reveal yourself to whoever you sent a present to :)
RIP former BPO

Kirsti

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 09:53:01 am »
Okay, I was sooo wondering the same thing,sence it's my first year as well. Thanks for the info,  ;D!!

~K

Offline Thelma

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 09:55:33 am »
oh thank you so much for  explaining. ;D
~Thelma & Karl~
~Duke~Zoe~Toby~Spencer

~Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body..but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out ....shouting.. . WOW!
What a Ride!!!~

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 04:53:48 pm »
oh it's so fun you guys!!!  The girls had a ball with it last year.  actually 2 balls and 2 tires and a pooper scooper with it.  :) 

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 04:28:50 pm »
This will be my first time too and I'm soooo excited!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 04:34:08 pm »
I've always had a blast w/ it in the past.  Love the Secret Santa... can't find anyone to do it w/ any more. Already getting ideas.  We're getting excited, too!! 
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 01:23:34 pm »
I love to shop and have already started picking up a few small things. I am looking forward to this. It is always so much fun to give to others. And I cant wait to start taking the pictures.