Author Topic: Gracey  (Read 3819 times)

lins_saving_grace

Gracey
« on: June 27, 2005, 12:40:56 pm »
Poor little Grace. 
The girls are glad to be home from their vacation...at the kennel. 
But little Grace is a little icky.  Lots of runs...if ya know what I mean.  Poor thing.  I gave her some pepto like the kennel lady told us to...but it was 3:30 am when she had an accident.  I'm hoping she gets it out of her system soon.  Who knew something so little could make such a big stinky mess.  :) 
Yes...these are the days of my life...just filled with poopy and not drama.  :-\

Offline onederpupe

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Gracey
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 01:17:12 pm »
Did you try the magic meatloaf receipe. It sure works for me. 1 Hambuger patty with cooked rice and the dry food, mositened and serve. Usually in a few hours Jazzy is back to norm! what ever that is LOL

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 01:22:18 pm »
That's my next step.  My other dogs never liked the rice...but I will try that tonight if she has had any issues tonight.  I hate when they're sick. 

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 04:00:06 pm »
I'm betting that it was the stress of being in a kennel that made her feel sick, so I bet some TLC  from mom, along with some nice warm rice mixed in with dinner, will make her feel all better :)
RIP former BPO

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 05:35:22 pm »
Hello Lins,

Sometimes you never know what kind of organisms the pups can ingest in a kennel environment.  It could be a water bowl that was not properly sterilized, or an enclosure, or some treats they were given.  I don't think the kennel owner can even say for sure what does and does not happen in a lot of instances, because it may be the employees who do something without the owner's knowledge.  It could be a million different things.  I hope she gets better soon.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 10:38:58 am »
Went to the vet yesterday.  Poor girl knows everyone there as Auntie...(fill in name here).  She has Colitis...a bacteria in the Large intestines that makes her GOOOOOOOOOOOO.  Got antibotics and she is doing well.  She'll be able to eat tonight and is looking forward to it.  :) 
And I cured the not sleeping issue.  I get her out of her kennel and we cuddle on the couch from 4 am to 6 am.  Seems she just misses her mama.  We must break her of that since she cried all night last night.  :)  It's cute...but she needs to know that people sleep.  Ya gotta love her though.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 06:21:55 pm »
I am glad the little sweetheart is feeling better! :)
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 07:01:39 am »
:) we all are. thanks.  Now the little sweetheart whines till I come get her in her kennel at night (usaully at 3 am) and let them sleep with us in bed.  :)  What a stinker

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 08:08:58 am »
ahh, well that is good. Always hate to see the kids sick. Good luck with the sleeping in bed issue.  ;D