Author Topic: WANTED: Golden retriever or retriever mix in need of loving home life  (Read 5714 times)

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
I have a great home situation available with 2 adults and three teenaged kids who are in desperate need of a dog/puppy to love.  They recently helped me out with a stray golden that I could not hold until its owners claimed it, due to my own dogs' needs.  In one week, they had trained this pup and taught him to play fetch and frisbee, and he got so much loving and exercise that when his owner claimed him, he could not believe all the changes in his dog.  They are ALL heartbroken, and have let me know they are eagerly awaiting a rescue or pup/dog in need.  They have much experience with dogs over the years, and just had to have their 14 year old black shepherd PTS due to advanced arthritis.
This family lives in Central NY, and I would approve them as a  home if one of my own babies needed to be rehomed.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 10:30:28 pm by Imani's Mom »

Weedsport, NY

Nicole

Re: WANTED: Golden retriever or retriever mix in need of loving home life
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 05:25:33 am »
Well, I don't have a golden, but I am currently fostering a Husky mix. He's awesome and would totally love frisbee and fetch and kids! His name is Mason.

Here is his pic:

He's not as big as a golden. He's only about 30 pounds. But he's really sweet and energetic and loves people. Let me know what you think, maybe we could work out transport.

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 05:30:00 am »
I think that would be great match! (not that I am privy to specifics about the dog or the kids) Dogs like your husky mix below are active and love to be challenged and trained. He would love all that frisbee and fetch and any training sessions, too. 
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 05:31:49 am »
I think it sounds like a good match, too! I would pay to have him neutered before he goes, too.

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 11:23:58 am »
They are absolutely sure they want a golden or golden mix.  Nice thoughts though!  I hope the husky babe finds an equally wonderful home!  I will ask, to make sure, and let you know, but I am pretty sure they will want to stick with their original preference.

Weedsport, NY

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 11:39:18 am »
I bet if they saw a pic of Mason they would totally fall in love !!! Show them his picture please !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 01:11:01 pm »
Have you guys checked Petfinder for your area- I am getting a lot of email updates on a yahoo group that I was hoping that would help for transport- and there have been several Golden or Golden Mixes that have been emailed- I have not keep the emails because I didnt know any one looking- Good Luck on your search.

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 10:35:10 pm »
I did send the info on Mason to them to check out, and as expected, they want to stick with a golden of golden mix.  The mother has done tons of breed research, and has firmly decided to stick with what she has found is the perfect breed for her family, so I do have to respect that and see what I can do to help.  As for petfinder, we are looking, I just wanted to get the word out to all you wonderful rescuers on here, as I know if one of you find a dog for them, I can count on it being the right one for this family.

Weedsport, NY

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 12:53:19 am »
If you want to PM me, I can send you the info I have gotten on several beautiful goldens. paigesegovia@msn.com

Nicole

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 02:06:25 am »
I did send the info on Mason to them to check out, and as expected, they want to stick with a golden of golden mix.  The mother has done tons of breed research, and has firmly decided to stick with what she has found is the perfect breed for her family, so I do have to respect that and see what I can do to help.  As for petfinder, we are looking, I just wanted to get the word out to all you wonderful rescuers on here, as I know if one of you find a dog for them, I can count on it being the right one for this family.

Oh well. No harm in trying, right?  ;D

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 12:55:47 pm »
In my small country paper - someone is giving away 3 month old Golden Retriever pups. I would be happy to assist in any way if they are interested- PM if you want thier phone number or need me to call them for additional info. Then of course transport would have to be figured out- but its an option for the family and they are young pups.

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 01:03:05 pm »
Oh well. No harm in trying, right? ;D

Absolutely!  Placing dogs in just the right homes is challenging, but SO rewarding when the right dog finds the right family.

[quote bigdogs@5501] In my small country paper - someone is giving away 3 month old Golden Retriever pups. I would be happy to assist in any way if they are interested- PM if you want thier phone number or need me to call them for additional info. Then of course transport would have to be figured out- but its an option for the family and they are young pups.

Where are you located? I just saw this, and PMed you my email address.  Sorry I didn't check in sooner.  Thanks so much for the help!

Weedsport, NY

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 01:30:05 pm »
I am in Texas- probably the farthest point possible from you.

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 01:34:10 pm »
Yikes!  Texas to NY would be a long haul, and rough on a young puppy.  I wonder if there are enough people between here and there to do a transport?

Weedsport, NY

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 02:59:28 pm »
Well, I'm in Kansas! Plus, I know of LOTS of goldens that are needing home right now! So I can help with transport or if you want to pm me or e-mail me for info on the goldens I know of needing a home, feel free!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."