Author Topic: There is a dead bird in my freezer  (Read 11462 times)

EllieAndBlu

Re: There is a dead bird in my freezer
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 04:36:47 am »
I am happy and thankful to report I have never found a turkey butt in my freezer, or a hamster for that matter (Jenn your story was hysterical!)...but I have laughed my own butt off at these stories... great thread!

Offline DoberBaby17

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 06:54:20 am »
Oh my ... I'm sure there's an interesting story behind that one!  You have GOT to post it as soon as you find out!!!  :D

I have a funny story about dead things in freezers, actually.  I had a hampster named Archimedes when Brandon and I were dating.  I came home one evening to find him very dead in his cage (the hampster, not Brandon), in the middle of winter.  I wanted the guy to have a proper burial, but knew there was no way I could dig a hole in the frozen ground myself.  So, I put him in a little tin, stuck him in the freezer, called Brandon and asked if he would mind burying him the next morning when it was daylight and warmer.  He said sure.

So the next day he comes over with shovels and all that stuff.  He says he's going to get a drink and a snack from the kitchen first, and is in the kitchen for a few minutes when I hear the shrillest, girliest scream EVER.  I go in the kitchen and find a terrified looking Brandon, holding an empty tin, with a very frozen Archimedes on the floor.  Apparently Brandon thought he had found super special ice-cream in the freezer and was in for quite a shock!  

Guess I should have told Brandon where I was storing the poor guy, huh?  ::)

BWAHAHAHAHAHA  I snorted..and thats not cool when your sick

Okay...the snort...thats one of the funniest parts here. I'm more grossed out, I guess, by the "dead animals" stuff, but the snort is hilarious! Wait, does that make me kinda gross?? Haha!
Stacy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Offline DoberBaby17

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 06:56:30 am »
I dont have a dead animal in the freezer story, but I have put something odd in the freezer.

When I first got atticus he had an obstruction.  It caused alot of problems with the breeder and he had to go to the vet etc etc.  So I get him back and find something in the yard that he had pooped out.  It looked like the arm from a barney doll.  It was pretty big and looked like it was left by aliens.

(didnt have poop on it, dont worry)

So i put it in a baggy and went to bring it over the breeders.  I put it in my glovebox and forgot about it.  It stayed in there for a while and a friend noticed a smell.  Ok..i remembered..it was the arm.

Then i decided i needed to be all grissom and put it in my freezer.  The damn thing is still in there. LOL and i have moved, so i had to pack the arm.

Holy crap! You crack me up! Way to be all "Grissom" with the butt arm.
Stacy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 07:16:10 am »
Just have to say, this is a great thread! :) You just never know what people have going on in their houses-or freezers!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Kirsti

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 07:27:29 am »
Hahaa, Jenn I can not belive I missed your story!! That is way to funny!!! All these stories are way to funny!!  ;D and verry gross!

~K

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 10:10:57 am »
Frankly, after 20 yrs of marriage to a hunter/trapper, I've lost count of the dead things I've run across in the freezer.  For the most part, I've gotten used to it, except for when it is just a fur.  Then it is soft and freaks me out every time.  There was a raccoon fur in my freezer for almost a year.  That one about did me in.  There have been whole fish, whole birds, etc.  I've actually shipped a dead bird through the mail once to Cornell for necropsy.  That was pretty freaky.  I also used to ship a lot of live birds through the mail.  Those were always interesting conversation starters at the post office. 
Daphne