Author Topic: Changing pack - how will it affect him?  (Read 930 times)

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Changing pack - how will it affect him?
« on: November 08, 2006, 08:44:12 am »
As some of you know, our family is splitting up.  The kids, Teddy, Shadow (cat) and I are moving into a house of our own.

My husband has always been alpha (no questions!!) with me as second, my daughter (7) as third then Teddy and my son (5) have some issues that we are working on.  Teddy will be 1 in early January.

How will losing his pack alpha affect Teddy? 
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Changing pack - how will it affect him?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 08:58:35 am »
When my ex-bf and I broke up, I also moved shortly afterwards. Altogether, it was a bit tough for Sadie. She started being destructive when I was gone (tearing up books, shredding boxes, etc). When I got Riley, he gladly helped. LOL. Crating helped with Sadie. I baby-gated them when Riley got bigger.

She was okay with me being in charge, but she did get protective of me. She'd circle the apartment at night before she'd go to bed at night. She started barking at people that she didn't know, and guarding the apartment more.

She still guards my house and is protective of me, but that was the only major change. Interestingly, Riley has always been well-behaved for my ex-bf (we're still best friends), even though he never knew him as part of his pack.