Author Topic: I'm so proud of Cowboy....a full-on brag!!  (Read 9711 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so proud of Cowboy....a full-on brag!!
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 12:44:53 am »
Hey its stacy! Thats awesome! As a person that works with the children with mental illness, that are mostly on their way to residential/hospitals that is an amazing thing, and I say THANK YOU to both of you!
Animals are one thing the kids in my program always talk about! and its always about my Newf or all the kids cats! I think that animals are their "uncoditional" love, and im sure Cowboy did nothing but that!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 03:10:50 am »
Yayyyyyy cowboy! I am sooooo proud of you, bug guy! I applaud both you and your mama! Y'all are making such a difference in the lives of those in need of special love!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 09:22:11 am »
Great job Cowboy!!  You are simply awesome - you made the day of some people who probably wouldn't have had much joy that day!!

I have always wanted to do therapy work with my dogs (Stoli while she was alive and Harley now) but he just won't behave

Hopefully someday I will get to do therapy work.  Maybe I need a Newfie?  Thats it I'll tell my hubby I need a Newfie - Nah he won't go for it!!

Anyway great job!!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 09:32:53 am »
I gotta agree with Stacy, there's something about the unconditional love of an animal that really touches people, but esp kids who are struggling with issues.  The animals don't judge, they just love.  Glad you and Cowboy both had a great day! 
Daphne

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 11:45:39 am »
Way to go Cowboy! You are so well behaved and mild-mannered that you really are the most perfect therapy dog in the world...as long as you don't begin limping.  ;) Bear wanted me to let you know that he is uber jealous and wants to be just like you someday. Oh, and that he can't wait to give you a big hi-five the next time you two play.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 12:11:12 pm »
Great job Cowboy!!  You are simply awesome - you made the day of some people who probably wouldn't have had much joy that day!!

I have always wanted to do therapy work with my dogs (Stoli while she was alive and Harley now) but he just won't behave

Hopefully someday I will get to do therapy work.  Maybe I need a Newfie?  Thats it I'll tell my hubby I need a Newfie - Nah he won't go for it!!

That's what gentle nagging is for...LOL!!!  GET a Newfie!!! To walk in to a hospital and have everyone running to get their cameras is so much fun!!!  GET A NEWFIE!!

« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 12:12:01 pm by newflvr »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 12:13:44 pm »
Way to go Cowboy! You are so well behaved and mild-mannered that you really are the most perfect therapy dog in the world...as long as you don't begin limping.  ;) Bear wanted me to let you know that he is uber jealous and wants to be just like you someday. Oh, and that he can't wait to give you a big hi-five the next time you two play.

He didn't limp at all yesterday!!  Such a good boy!  My guys are waiting for Bear's return!!  When are you going to be this way again!!

Poor Chester:  still sitting at the gate and waiting!!

mjjensen

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 12:25:35 pm »
  I have so much respect for those of you that do therapy work. It's such a great thing you're doing. Good job Cowboy!

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 01:45:24 pm »
Aww Cowboy - you did an amazing thing.  I worked with many folks that would fit this population for years, and know how important and significant that feedback that you received regarding Cowboy's impact on people is ... good work and keep bragging!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 08:11:24 pm »
Way to go you guys!  That Cowboy sure is a wonderful pup that is fantastic at making people's day!  Keep up the very wonderful service that you share.  You should be very proud of both yourself & your pup.

Anita & the 3 Newfies from NJ