Author Topic: oooh poor fumble :(  (Read 10062 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
oooh poor fumble :(
« on: November 09, 2006, 07:18:03 am »
oh my heart is just breaking for the poor little guy!  he still had the staph infection when we went for our second lyme shot on monday and the vet put him on prednisone and he just keeps having to pee.. every 20 minutes!  for like 2 min at a time!  i'm not over exaggerating here either! it's like 5 times in one go out to the yard and he's out there peeing longer than autstin powers did!! 

well i got home from work today and he peed in the bathroom! at least he tried to make it to a good spot!  lol!! i just wish there was something i could do to make him more comfortable!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Anakalia

Re: oooh poor fumble :(
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 07:25:47 am »
Awwww, poor guy!  I know exactly what you mean about the peeing forever!  When I worked at the vet clinic there was a cute mix breed we were boarding and he was taking prednisone, I had to take him outside once every 30 or so min. and he'd pee for what seemed like enternity!  lol  I was amazed how how much that little guy could hold.  Anyway, I hope Fumble gets better soon so he can get off the prednisone and get back to umm..less frequent outdoor visits.  :)

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 07:26:53 am »
Hi,

Ahhh poor fumble!! Just make sure you keep him hydrated!!

Winslow wishes thebig guy well!!
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Kirsti

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 07:28:37 am »
Oh Poor Fumble! I hope he gets feeling better....

~K

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 07:30:44 am »
I'm so sorry Fumble isn't feeling well.  That's a tough drug!  It does have a lot of side effects.  Hopefully he'll be done soon!

Cowboy and Chester send drools and sympathy!

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 07:40:38 am »
Oh, poor Fumble.  I hope he feels better soon. Hugs and slober coming your way, Fumbs...
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 07:41:55 am »
awwwww poor Fumble! Feel better big guy!  Sending tons of hugs & kisses your way!

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 08:54:43 am »
Oh man
why oh why did he vaccinate this dog who is having issues?'
ARRGGGGGG
the biggest thing people need to remember, never ever vaccinate when the immune system is already compromised!
the system is busy fighting off staph, now, they shoot them up with a vaccination, and the system has to fight that off to.
poor fumble, i wish more vets would educate people on this!
is the prednisone for the staph?
why pred?
did the vet tell you why? i am just curious, normally they treat staph with antibiotics not pred.
you can give him milk thistle to protect his liver and kidneys during pred.
and i am glad to hear he went potty in a good spot!
if i were you though, remember, i would refuse any shots, no matter the reason, if my dog was compromised by something else.
wait till they are better, than shoot them up with the shot.
personally?
just me, i dont do the lymes shot, it is 70% effective, not enough for me to be giving the shot.
that is just me though and i am not standing in judgement of you either.
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 08:54:44 am »
Poor FUmbs. I am so sorry that you are peeing all the time. I bet when you got home he was all sad that he had an accident huh? Well, at least he is getting better. Hang in there and send him song big hugs and kisses from his twin in CA.  :)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 09:15:08 am »
Oh Fumble Harley and I are soooo sad that you aren't feeling well!!  We hope you feel better really soon and they take you off your meds and let you get on doing what you do best!!  Being cute!!

Feel better soon!!

Randy & Harley

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 09:21:39 am »
Poor guy! Feel better fumble!
RIP former BPO

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 09:28:29 am »
Having been on prednisone for almost a year now, I can really feel for Fumble!   :o  The bathroom is my closest friend these days.  It's going to make life interesting if you have to work and leave him for any length of time.  I too would wonder about giving a vaccination while he's fighting so many health issues.  Lyme is the least of his worries right now, esp if he's on antibiotics already for the staph.  Poor fella!
Daphne

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 10:25:06 am »
Awww , poor Fumble Wumble , I'd ask you to give him a hug for me , but not if he has to pee that badly !  ;D
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 10:37:10 am »
Oh geez.  I hope poor Fumble is feeling better soon.  Our Klondike gets flare ups of the staph infections too.  What did your vet give you besides the prednisone?  Did he give him a shot in the office too?  Just curious.  Hoping you both are feeling much better very soon.

Anita & the 3 Newfies from NJ

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 10:56:58 am »
to be honest, i'm not sure why the vet game him the vaccination??? hmm??? why didn't i even think about that!!???!!  i knew about that too!! 

the vet gave him cephalexin too, but he's been on that for a few weeks now and zip, zilch, nothing... she said it's getting better, so i guess the pred is to knock it out of him! or something to that extent!

fumble definately thanks you all for his get well wisheS!  he is a big of a crazy dog right now.. but i'm going to figure that's because he's not feeling well... i just keep giving him ice blocks in hopes that it will help settle him down!

saranewf, no worries!!  i give him the lyme just cause up here on cape cod is really common!!  i do it just as a back up!  you never can be too sure... i guess last winter the ticks hung around even during the below freezing months!! go figure?? little buggers.. i'm wondering now what their purpose in life is??? hmm???

Thanks anyways!! i'll give the crazy fumble newf your well wisheS!!  ;)
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!