Author Topic: Can someone please help?  (Read 2890 times)

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Can someone please help?
« on: November 10, 2006, 02:33:50 am »
I am in need of a new home for my boy, Dell.  He is a loving, loyal, smart, active guy.  I cannot take care of him as I should because of my back.  When my son was living here, he took almost complete care of Delly, taking him on long walks and runs and throwing the ball for him, etc.  He now spends most of his time in his crate.

This is killing me to write this, but I must find him a new home.  I cannot watch this beautiful creature suffer by being contained in a cage for 90% of the time. 

Can someone please help my baby?
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone please help?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 03:12:59 am »
Where are you located?  Is he good with other animals?
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 03:17:53 am »
I'm 1/2 hour south of Seattle.  Yes, he is very good with other dogs.  He's a submissive sort of guy and willingly allows other dogs to be alpha.  He is very socialized. 

I haven't posted him on Petfinder yet.  I'm trying to network with my contacts before I seek out a stranger adoption.  I figured if someone on here would be willing to adopt him, he would be loved and wanted and well exercised as everyone here seems to be crazy over their pups.
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 03:21:36 am »
Do you know how he is with cats and other small critters? 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 03:30:16 am »
He has never been around cats other than to chase them out of his dog run.  He has been around guinea pigs but the contact was very limited and of course supervised. 

My personal opinion is that once he is around cats other than having them invade his turf, he will be fine.  He LOVES little dogs and is very gentle with them.  He tries to be submissive to them but just cannot get low enough on the ground to submit. 

Seattle, WA

Offline sobe

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 11:56:34 am »
are you able to hire a dog walker? or are you having problems with feeding and grooming as well?

The only other thing I would suggest is to contact German Shepherd rescue. Maybe they can help you find a good home for your baby. So sorry you have to go through this , Dell seems like a sweet boy.