Author Topic: Anyone tried confort zone (aka d.a.p.)?  (Read 5345 times)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Anyone tried confort zone (aka d.a.p.)?
« on: November 10, 2006, 03:01:00 am »
Has anyone tried those comfort zone dog pheremone plug ins? I am thinking about trying one if it will help zoey relax more when we arent home, but I don't want to spend $30 on it if it is just a gimmick. So any reviews would be appreciated
RIP former BPO

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone tried confort zone (aka d.a.p.)?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 03:19:48 am »
We use Rescue Remedy with Sophie.  It has the similar affect as dap but was not as expensive and you can find it at GNC and other vitamin stores.   We really like RR it was worked wonders with Sophie. We put it in her water before we leave the house in the morning.  We also use it directly in her mouth for thunderstorms.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 03:23:06 am »
I have a bottle of rescue remedy and we have had mixed results from it - sometimes it has worked awesome and sometimes we have seen no difference. I was thinking about the comfort zone because it is a constant thing if you use it instead of having to give her the drops
RIP former BPO

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 05:23:48 am »
We have used the plug-in D.A.P. with Cirra for several months.  It seems to make a difference but is not instantaneous like a med.  If she is outside a lot in the day, her behavior was more "vigorous" and testy.  Once inside with the DAP for a period of time, she calmed more.  We are going to try the DAP spray and wean her from the plug-ins since she is almost 2 years old and less oppositional, calmer these days. Hope this helps somewhat.

Offline My Kahlua-Bear! :-]

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 11:59:27 am »
When Kahlua went through a big fear period during training, the trainers sprayed a bandanna with the Comfort Zone spray. It worked wonders. She calmed down almost immediately and was able to train without being frightened. My big chicken  :D

Rescue remedy is less expensive, but i strongly reccomend Comfort Zone because it is formulated to immitate a nursing bitch's scent.

Try it, I know its pricey but it does work