Author Topic: New Here!  (Read 4984 times)

Offline ShaggysMom

• Gnawer
  • Summer by the pool!
    • View Profile
New Here!
« on: November 13, 2006, 12:28:29 am »
Hello all!  Happy to have found you.  My name is Rebecca and I have a 9 month old St. Bernard named Shaggy as well as a 10 month old Shep/Saint mix (mostly shepard) and an 11 year old Golden/Shepard mix.  We've had large breeds for a long time but Shaggy is our first giant.  We love him to pieces and he is spoiled rotten. 

We are currently feeding them all Canidae and Shaggy is taking vitamin C.  Are there any more supplements he should be taking?  Since he is our first giant, any experienced help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Mom to 1 giant and 2 large.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: New Here!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 12:34:29 am »
You might want to consider a glucosmine/condroitin supplement for him to protect his joints.  We use MSM and Cetyl M (www.katiesbump ers.com for information...) and also fish oil for their skin and coats.

Welcome to the group!  I have two Newfs, Cowboy, a 4 year old black and white (Landseer) and Chester, an 18 month old brown. 

Kirsti

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 12:35:50 am »
WELCOME!! I'm glad you found us Rebecca, and your Saint is adorible! We would love more pictures of your crew... I'm not sure about the supplements though... but a bunch of peope are here are bound to know.

~K

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 12:54:49 am »
What a good looking pup.  Can't wait to see more pics of the entire crew.  Where are you from?  The pool looks great.... does Shaggy swim?

My name is Cindy, guardian to Tyra, Tucker, Scooter, and Luke (The Brindle Pack).

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 12:59:35 am »
Welcome!  Welcome!!!

I get so giddy when I see another new Saint!  LOL!

My name is Penny and my big baby is Teddy.  He is now 10 months old so just a bit older than Shaggy - (love the name BTW! LOL!)

Can't wait for more pics!!!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 01:25:53 am »
Hi Rebecca and welcome! :) LOVE seeing new Saints on the boards. :D Your Shaggy is adorable! (more pics please!!)  My guys are Bear and Nakita, 4yr old male and almost 10yr old female, respectively, rescued through the SPCA 2.5 years ago. Here's another vote for glucosamine and condroitin -- and I'm intrigued by the fish oil idea.
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

Offline wiss329

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 01:42:03 am »
Welcome, Shaggy is adorable.  :-*

We have our saint Max, now 22 months old, on Cosequin (which has glucosamine and chondroitin).  We have never tried fish oil...I might give it a try.

-Melissa

Offline Lola

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 01:52:31 am »
:-*hi i am new and i have an overly large border collie and Lab!
-Lola

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 03:13:57 am »
Hi and Welcome, Hope you find all the info you are looking for, Libby is my first giant as well and I was quite interested in finding supplements for her as well, alot of excellent reading on the topic here. Everyone has been very nice and qiuck to help, Kim - mom to an old man Hoover(13yrs in Dec Walkerhound x) and a big girl Libby (5yrs in Jan English Mastiff)and 2 crazy Siamese
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 10:18:22 am »
What a cutie you have there! I'm Jaime & am mom to Bear- a 4 year old Newf.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 09:08:16 am »
Hi Rebecca, welcome to BPO! Shaggy is adorable! :)
RIP former BPO

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 09:26:39 am »
Hi and welcome to the place.  Shaggy is a cutie!.  I'm Kat and I am mom to Cinder and Kaila, female Belgian Malinois, and Shiner, male Malinois/Ridgeback mix.  Can't wait to see more pics of your crew.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Thelma

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 09:50:15 pm »
Shaggy is adorable!  Welcome,  I'm Thelma and my two Saints are 5 month old Duke and 2 year old Zoe
~Thelma & Karl~
~Duke~Zoe~Toby~Spencer

~Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body..but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out ....shouting.. . WOW!
What a Ride!!!~