Author Topic: I feel like such a fraud!!!!!  (Read 19462 times)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
I feel like such a fraud!!!!!
« on: June 28, 2005, 02:33:37 pm »
Well I just found out this week end that my Dilbert is NOT a Pyr but a samoyed cross. It was an honest mistake I was just going by what the resue people told us. After going to the annual Pets in the Park in Edmonton I found out real quick that he is not. I ran into a couple that has a Pyr, and well Dilbert is not the size that he should be by now! After walking aroung scratching our head's trying to figure out what our little sweetheart could be, we found a man with a dog that looked almost identical to ours and asked him what kind of dog he had, he told us that he is a samoyed collie cross. We then asked him what he told Dilbert could be and he told us he looks like a samoyed cross with possible lab. I kinda had a idea that he was a samoyed cross but the Pyr stuck in my head beacuse of his markings he has the biscuit markings on his Face(which are now gone) and on his back. Well al least we know what he is now, although I feel like a fraud for telling everyone he was a Pyr, but samoyed's are great too ;D And he certainly has the sammy personality!!!  ;D He's the greatest guy too.

I'll post some pic's of him, please let me know what you think, breed wise ect.
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

nickerbokker

Re: I feel like such a fraud!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 02:37:09 pm »
i dont know anything about dogs and breeds....but hes SUPER SUPER cute!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 04:40:58 pm »
You are not a fraud- and look at Nicki who goes around saying that she has a Saint Bernard....she esh! Just kidding but her Wangus is tiny and not close to others in weight. We love him to death though- a mini-Bernard is awesome!

Do you have a recent pics of you baby? He is seriously the cutest thing ever! Such an adorable face...to bad the markings went away. I wonder why?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 07:12:46 pm »
Here are some more recent pics of Dilbert

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 07:15:52 pm »
And here are some Pics from the Pets in the Park day

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 07:58:32 pm »
Your baby is very cute.  Does he have double back dew claws?
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 08:05:07 pm »
My Pyr Samson has almost those exact markings in the same color...That looks like a Pyr coat to me...I think he is a Pyr mix but with what I don't know.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 07:19:56 am »
Hello

It is a mystery to me of what he is? ??? But I love him to bits just the same. I always knew that he is a mix, if he is a pyr mix, he is mixed with a small dog as he is not the size he should be a 7 months. And he does not have the double dew claws in the back. and he is 22 inches, he is still growing, but he is growing at a much slower rate than a few months ago.
I woluld love to hear opinions on what everyone thinks he could be  :)
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 07:46:37 am »
He is a doll!!! Could he be mixed with a collie?? Just a thought. His face looks a bit like the collies I grew up with although his nose isnt as long as thiers.Is the brown a pyr trait???
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 07:57:44 am »
I have been told that he does look like he has collie in him. And his coloring is a Pyr trait. But I have also read that sammys can have that biscuit coloring as well???? Not sure correct me if I am wrong as I have yet to see a sammy that is not pure white!!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 08:09:24 am »
Sammy hs the biscuit or tan markings but they lighten as he gets older...I have read that only 18% of Pyrs keep their color into adulthood but I see alot of Pyr pups with colored markings...Sam son also has some, I think they call it, wolf grey markings on the ends of his ears & under his tan markings on his back...They were not there when he was a younger pup & I really wonder if I'll end up with a Pyr with wolf grey markings when he is an adult...Nina, could it be that Samoyeds have color as a pup & lose it into adulthood too?...I still think he looks very much Pyr in his body, ecspecially his hind end, & what about the little "Hitler mustach" under his nose?...Do alot of other breeds have that?...Anyway, he is a doll!...But you really do have me thinking now about what he might be mixed with...I do think he is a Pyr mix though!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 09:01:32 am »
Is the Hitler mustash a Pyr trait? He has litte hairs like that on his chin too and when he drink( and boy does he drink a lot!!!) the water stinks to the hair and when he runs over to you well... you best get out of the way or you will be soaked. And boy does he ever drool, he doesn't look like a drool type of dog, becasue he does have the tight lips, but it doesn't make a dfference, he'll stick his head on my lap and just soak me!!! ;D He does seem to have quite a few of the Pyr traits, for example when grows he grows hind end first then front end. Right now he is in a growth spurt and his hind end is 24 inches and front end is 22 at the shoulder. Not sure how much more he is going to grow but he is still only 7 months so who knows  ;D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005, 09:42:11 am »
I've seen alot of Pyrs with the Hitler mustach...Sams on has one himself...Sams on was quite "bum high" at 7 months too but he has evened out some now...How much does Dilbert weigh now?...I can't remember what Samson was at 7 months but I can find out for you from my vet...He is just under 30 inches at his whithers now & he just turned 11 months old on the 23rd of this month.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005, 09:52:33 am »
I think that he weighs about 65 lbs, but not sure I haven't weighed him in a while as I can't hold him that long and weigh him at the same time :)

When Sampson blew his coat how long did it take for his coat to come back in? Dilbert is filling in, in the bu area but iand stomach, but the back is taking long?

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2005, 12:08:51 pm »
Samson hasn't blown his coat quite yet but it looks like he's starting to...just around his back end & back legs though.