Author Topic: Izzy is home!!  (Read 4104 times)

Offline galxe

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Izzy is home!!
« on: November 14, 2006, 01:13:54 am »
Well, after lots of time on the road- Izzy the Grizzly is finally home. He and I had a great ride from Manhattan Beach to Sacramento on Saturday night. Then the fun really began. We were going to spend the night in our old apartment, pick up Dad and Abby the cat, and drive the rest of the way to South Lake Tahoe. Great plan, except that Iz is apparently afraid of open stairs. Did I mention our apartment is the third floor? That was fun. An hour later, we finally got him upstairs, where he showed a little too much interest in his new little sister. So, he and I spent the night in the living room, and dad and Abby spent the night in the bedroom. Finally, Saturday morning, we packed up and headed home. And Izzy was in heaven- we had 5 inches of snow and got 5 more or so throughout the course of that day and night. He can walk forever!! We've walked a couple of miles each day, and he is proving to be quite the gentleman on the leash. I imagine it will only be another week or two before we can let him off of it when we go for walks on the property. Walking with Dad is a different story, he drags him all over the place. I'd be lying if I didnt't say that I found that amusing, but we're working on it. Izzy also finally settled down and figured out that he was scaring poor Abby in his frantic desires to sniff her, so he laid down next to her (she was in my lap) and ignored her, letting her sniff and hiss at him all she wanted. So far, he is workign out to be such a perfect fit for our family that it is astonishing!! Thanks so much newflvr!!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Izzy is home!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 02:45:31 am »
I am SOOO happy for you!  I was wondering if you did come and get him!  How's he doing with his new name??  How is he doing meeting all the new people at camp?  What's happening with your place...is the remodel going well??

YEA FOR IZZY!!!

Please post pictures of him when you can!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 03:07:05 am »
Awwwww!  I love happy endings!  Congrats to all of you!  I agree that pics are needed.
Daphne

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 03:12:56 am »
Congrats!! I'm so happy he's fitting in well, and it sounds like he just loves the outdoors!!  Can't wait to see more pics of that gorgeous boy!  ;D

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 12:24:32 am »
Hooray!  It sounds like Izzy is settling in well.  Pictures, girl! We need pictures!!!
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 09:14:01 am »
Welcome home Izzy the Grizzly!!!! Congratulation s on your new family member....I agree on the "send pictures soon" piece!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 09:31:24 am »
Yea!  I'm so glad that you finally got Izzy the Grizzly home and he's fitting in perfectly.  Pictures, please!
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience