Author Topic: Big Rant!! I hate nosey neighboors!!!!  (Read 6953 times)

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Big Rant!! I hate nosey neighboors!!!!
« on: November 15, 2006, 03:26:46 am »
Ok, so heres the thing. I love in an apartment complex that allows dogs of any size, which is rare and awesome!! Part of the lease is that you will pick up after you dogs when they poop, ok thats fine. Well, they sent out a notice in August that they were having a big problem with people not doing it and they might have to take away pet priveleges if it didnt get better. Well, havent heard anythig since and nobody does it still. Well, I got my puppy in October and shes been doing great. One time about two weeks after I got her and she peed in the breezeway of my building. My neighboor below me freaked out and called me accusing me and cussing and screaming. I apologized and said I would watch her more carefully. Gus, my 2 year old dog, does great and will hold it until the end of the world if he has to! So...basically I get home last night and theres a note on my door from the office saying that Im getting complaints about an odor of urine in the breezeway and me not cleaning up after my dogs. I got really mad and sent him a text to tell him two can play that game.  So, he calls me and the first thing he says is "Look here you stupid B****! OMG!! h*ll no!! So we get into a huge argument, hes calling me every name in the book and saying the most awful things about me and my dogs. To sum it up, he said that hes going to keep complaining and try and get me kicked out of my apartment. All I wanted was for him to calm down and stop screaming and cussing at me!! I went to the office this morning and they said either we would have to work it out,or one of us will just have to move.

So, I have decided to transfer to a different aparment. It will be with the same company and I wont have to pay anything extra, just transfer my utilities. Plus, Ill have a nice new clean aparment and no crazy neighboor. Isnt that awful? People are NEVER mean to me and never speak to me the way he did. He says noone in the complex likes me or my dogs. Well I have spoken to my other neighboors and they said they have no problems with me. Gus barks when people come up the stairs or right after I leave and thats it. Ok, Im sorry I just had to tell you guys cause I knew you would understand. Any suggestions on what I should do??

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Big Rant!! I hate nosey neighboors!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 03:35:02 am »
don't feel bad, i had animal control called on me for "my" dog running lose.  guess who called.  the "bus driver" said that she feared for the children's safety b/c my SMALL/MEDIUM black and white dog was running lose.. the only black and white dog i have is diesel the dane.  at least you get a nice new clean apartment, though!  and better neighbors, at that!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 03:40:39 am »
Hi,

That stinks. Do you feel threatened by this person, can you record a call of theirs and file a restraining order with the police!! That should slow them down some. Save any notes or calls as evidence of the harrasment.

Also do not initiate any contact with this person, if they initiate contact with you tell them you are recording the call because you feel threatened.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 03:41:47 am by Winslow 151 »
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Kirsti

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 03:41:50 am »
Oh I don't like mean neighboors! It just makes it all the harder... but thats good you can move somewhere but stay with the companie, so it's not like you gota find somewhere totaly new, that is way lucky! Good luck with your new neighboors!

~K

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 03:49:55 am »
Thanks, Im not scared of him by any means, but while we were arguing he did come up and bang really hard on my door and told me to come out. I told him that I wasnt opening the door while he was having his temper tantrum. So, I dont want to move at all, and he can go ahead and feel like hes won by me moving, but hes still gonna be the mean, hateful, vindictive a**hole long after Im gone. Plus, it will all come back on him one day. So Im just gonna mind my business until I move. My friend suggessted saran wrapping his car when I leave. hahahahaha

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 03:52:29 am »
you could always dip cotton balls in vasaline and stick them all over his car... and don't forget to put the vaseline under his door handles!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline LMT

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 03:56:42 am »
vaseline under the door handles is the worst. i know because some of my friends pranked me and that was the one part that put me over the edge... so maybe after you transfer apartments!

i would have transferred too, honestly.
lmt.

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 04:06:55 am »
Neighboors that have alot of time on there hands are always the ones who have time to complain. Dogs are most often the targets because people can say pretty much what ever they want and most of the time someone will take notice. I moved and put a fence up in the yard cost me quite a bit but would i rather keep my dogs safe or have someone say your dog bit me or i think i seen you dog runnig lose. After all of that a neighboor complained that my fence was'nt the same type of fence he had!!!!!!!!! guess he had to have something to complain about ! Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 04:10:49 am »
fences are always problems, the people behind us, who claim the back part of our fence, refuse to repair the boards.  they complain though that our dogs get in their yard.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 04:54:26 am »
I am so fortunate that we no longer have neighbors who are in close proximity- It seems that every neighborhood we lived in always had "one" person as you are describing. I am glad to hear that you get to move away from this freak.

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 06:07:01 am »
Ack!  I feel your pain, I had the cops come to my house before because my neighbors were complaining about my pit bull being too skinny....pit bull??  dumb a$$es!! 

Anyhoo, I would keep track of his calls and record them if possible.  Otherwise, keep a whistle and if he tries to call you again answer and blow his eardrums out! ;)
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 06:38:49 am »
I don't know Stacey.  I would have totally called the cops on you too if I were your neighbor.  Then I'd snake ya and take Tonka to keep for myself.   ;) We totally belong together.
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 07:02:51 am »
Great idea, the vaseline under the door handles sounds awesome!! Im totally going to do that, after I transfer of course!! : ) Ya, he definetley has WAY too much time on his hands, The funny thing is that he also has two dogs, and his dogs bark and I know he doesnt pick up after them either, but Im not the type of person to do things to hurt people or get them in trouble. So, Im just going to be good until January, then pack my stuff and leave him there. I told him that all this is going to come back on him one day. He thinks hes the perfect pet owner, ya right. He doesnt give his any attention, and hes never home either. He is a student and lives off of student loans, so he doenst even work. Hes just a loser. Im not judgemental, but hes gay, and man he is SO dramatic!! I have nothing at all against gay people but gay men always seem to act like this!! Drama drama drama!! lol. Thanks guys, its good to know theres people that understand. Id like to get a house, but that seems out of my reach right now.

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 07:02:43 am »
WOW! Thanks a lot. I know that when he went up to the office yesterday morning (he got there before me) he conveniently left out the part where he screamed and cussed and yelled like a psycho. When I told them that I could tell that they weretn surprised. A similar situation happened in August when he got up in the face of another neighboor and she was so scared after that, her mom called the office and cussed out management for it. So, they know he has a history of being nuts! I would just rather move and wash my hands of it. Even though the things he said werent true, they were really hurtful. I put a lot of work into my house and it staying clean and dog-odor free, and for him to say that its nasty, Im nasty, and my dogs are nasty!! That almost made me cry, noone should have to hear things like that, even if it was true. My house is always clean and I spend a lot of money on air freshner, candles, insense, the works. Every time someone comes over I make it a point to ask them, I know they would tell me, and the answer is ALWAYS no, it doesnt stink. In fact, most of them say that it smells good in my house. I guess he was just looking for something to say that would push my buttons. I have to live there thru December, believe me, I am going to be looking for anything I can use against him if necessary. I would LOVE to get him evicted!! I would still move though. It will be nice to be able to start over in a new place, and this time Im going to make sure that its downstairs so that I dont bother anyone. It sounds stupid, but I really do still feel bad. Even though hes the one being all crazy n s***. I dont like drama in my life and I dont like fighting with anyone, regardless of who they are.

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 11:24:19 am »
You're sweet  2dogmom to manage to find some consideration for that jerk after all he said and did.  I actually had a creepy neighbor myself and understand your frustration.  Also, moving is such a pain and if it were me I'd make sure the movers showed up in the evening.  Right around bed time.  on a week night.   ;)  Sorry you had to deal with all of that. 
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.