Author Topic: Binky's bad behavior-advice please?  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Binky's bad behavior-advice please?
« on: November 20, 2006, 12:07:23 am »
Please help!  I don't know what to do about Binky!  She is really testing my patience and has been so badly.
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I usually work from home.  However, for the last two weeks I have been gone every day, all day (two of our employees were out).
The first problem I had with Binky was when we were out with the goats.  She started chasing Ferdinand and would not stop when I told her to (normally she will listen).  I had to go over, catch her and grab her collar to get her away from the goat.  I let her go and she charged around the yard, coming to a stop only when she plowed into me-on purpose, I think.  So I Grabbed her collar again and told her to sit.  She went nuts.  She twisted away so hard that I caught my finger in the collar and I thought it was going to break. I caught her again, yelled at her and went inside.
Then my brother came to visit on Friday.  We've been training the dogs to sit and stay when people come over.  Well, not this time-Binky almost knocked him over when he came in and would not stop.  Once again, I grabbed her collar and told her to sit and she went crazy.  She started jumping and bucking and trying to run.  I decided not to let go this time, and it took two minutes of her stepping on my feet, lunging away, etc. before she would sit.  Even when she sat, it was for a second and she started up again.  I was actaully afraid to let her go, so I did an Alpha roll on her, which I have never done before.  Needless to say, I am covered in scratches and pretty PO'd with Binky.  Any advice or reason why she would start behaving like this? She did not growl or bite me at any time but I am now kind of nervous around her b/c she did manage to hurt me and I am scared about what might happen whne my very young neice and nephews visit on Christmas.  I feel like I have no control over her (I only have a few pounds on her) and have never felt like this before.  Sorry this is so long but I really need advice!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline ReneeB

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kryssie is here
    • View Profile
Re: Binky's bad behavior-advice please?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 12:12:06 am »
How old is Binky?
Renee, (will always love and miss Brayden)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 12:51:04 am »
my dogs act like this is i am gone when i'm usually at home (i'm a stay at home mom, so when i DO manage to go somewhere i usually bring atleast one or two dogs).  at least with us, when my dogs do it, it's because they're overly excited AFTER being overly upset, though i'm not sure if that's why yours is doing it.  axle is the worst about it, he pulls blinds down when he hears my truck in the driveway if i've been gone more than two hours, and plows me into the door or cabinets for the first ten minutes.  my mom gets the grunt of it, she only comes every few months, so when she comes he's so excited, that he runs over her continually, not meaning to hurt her, he just doesn't realize his own size, since he was raised with chihuahuas.  sorry this is so long, but, with my dogs i think it's just the excitement after the anxiety that causes them to act like complete reckless idiots.  we've just had to get used to it, as we have tried all sorts of training.  the only thing that works is if i have someone stay with axle and make him sit-stay and holds his collar down as i'm coming in the door.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 01:28:09 am »
How old is Binky?

Binky is almost a year and a half old.
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs