Author Topic: questions!  (Read 914 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
questions!
« on: November 20, 2006, 01:03:28 am »
ok, first question.  the post with the link to the article about dog manners really made me think of how my dogs act in public.  we only have one problem, which is whenever someone brings their dogs anywhere near us, axle and diesel "pet" them.  or maybe they're trying to squish them??  either way, they've both get big paws, and i'd like to try to teach them it's not acceptable, but i don't know how.  the water bottle works on diesel although it makes him freak out, but axle has really thick fur so he doesn't even feel it, and squirting his face or butt doesn't phase him.  this is also related to the "shake" command, which in another variation but same problem because axle learned from my 3 y/o to shake with small children, and unintentionall y knocks them over or may accidentally scratch them.  i know he's just trying to do like we taught him, but this causes some problems when it's not our small children as you can imagine.  he only does it from a sit, and he always sits when he's walked up to by small children, there's no stopping him, i've tried.

second question.  our dog crate has a plastic pan in the bottom, because when i leave i put diesel in it.  yesterday, axle's big butt got in it and the plastic cracked, and i'm worried that one of their paw pads or the skin / fur may get pinched and hurt them, as it's very hard plastic.  i can't just leave it out, because diesel gets so upset i know he'll eat the floor, he already ate the dog bed / quilt that i spent several weeks making!  it was so nice, but the first time i left (which i should have known better) diesel ate it.   :-\  where can i buy a replacement bottom??

sorry it's so long, and thanks for any input!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]